Best BBC/UK shows on Netflix

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are other threads similar but hopefully not identical to this one. If this happens to be ridiculously repetitive, Chippy can delete this redundant thread and PM me and point me in the right direction.
I'm in the US and I'm "out" of binging material. I'm not an aficionado on either country's offerings, but I'd guess I'm lacking info more on UK programs than US ones.
I'd like to know if there are any BBC series (or movies) on Netflix that I'm missing out on.
Thanks for your input!

I know there are other threads similar but hopefully not identical to this one. If this happens to be ridiculously repetitive, Chippy can delete this redundant thread and PM me and point me in the right direction.
I'm in the US and I'm "out" of binging material. I'm not an aficionado on either country's offerings, but I'd guess I'm lacking info more on UK programs than US ones.
I'd like to know if there are any BBC series (or movies) on Netflix that I'm missing out on.
Thanks for your input!
Detectorists, though Netflix doesn't have the final season as yet. And from ITV Bodyguard both shows very good. Only reason I watched Bodyguard was because Keeley Hawes was in it, (Ashes to Ashes and Spooks)

Netflix original “Sex Education” is great.

Still Game, Gavin & Stacey, The Inbetweeners, Derry Girls and (although Irish) Father Ted are all on UK Netflix so I assume they are on the US version.

For something more “serious”, Line Of Duty is brilliant!

Been watching Top Boy (the original series have been rebranded as Top Boy: Summerhouse and the new Netflix ones are just called Top Boy). London-centric gang violence drama.

Black Mirror is definitely worth a watch, it's usually very good and occasionally brilliant. It's an anthology of standalone stories so you can pick and choose episodes, I recommend starting with "White Christmas" which is wonderful and will give you a good idea of what the stories are like.

Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty are the two that spring to mind. There are five seasons of Peaky Blinders and four or five of Line of Duty.

Both are brilliantly done and the last time I looked, both are on Netflix.

Line of Duty is amazing (Keely Hawes is in 2 series of that too @foxy)
It is, we are watching it at the moment
I did watch the first series of Line of Duty, I will catch up on the others as it was really good. I have watched a few of the Landlord and Tenant episodes, makes me wonder how many English born nationals are living in Peterborough.

I've thought of a few more :
'The Fall'
'Broadchurch'
'Sherlock'
'Dracula'
'Killing Eve'
'The Tudors'
Obviously not certain you can actually watch them in the States but certainly worth a try............

One of my favourite UK shows on Netflix here (I assume it's on US Netflix too) is Bottom. Slapstick toilet humour, really ridiculous and over the top.

Latest posts

Back