Best Beer Names

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One I remember from the past was a Wychwood brew from yester year that went by the name of "The Dog's B0ll0cks". Was amusing for a while to ask for pints of B0ll0cks at the bar...

Sorry had to edit as the profanity filter just put ****** up for the naughty word. Any way to turn the filter off please?

One I remember from the past was a Wychwood brew from yester year that went by the name of "The Dog's B0ll0cks". Was amusing for a while to ask for pints of B0ll0cks at the bar...

Sorry had to edit as the profanity filter just put ****** up for the naughty word. Any way to turn the filter off please?
I've just spelt it does it have a profanity filter? Can prove it by spelling it but might get done.

I make cider from apples that I find growing wild along roads.

I suggested to my Mrs that if I ever got enough apples I could open a business called Road Cider. She replied, “if you are involved it needs to be called Rogue Cider”.

On the Barnard Castle Eye Sight Test beer, I wrote to BrewDog to ask if the brewed dark beer. They replied to say yes. I suggested the could complement the Cummings beer with a stout called, I’ve gotta leave Old Durham Town.

I think I’ve seen references to this in other threads with people mentioning the great names that some beers have. A couple of examples I recall seeing on this forum are an NEIPA called “Juice Forsyth“ and a Brut IPA called “Brut Reynolds“.
What prompted me to post this is that I’ve just seen that a local brewery to me have a hazy Pale ale called “ Is Citra way to Amarillo” which I thought was brilliant. There must be so many other good ones.

I tend to name mine after things in movies/popular culture ie "Hadley's Hope" the colony settlement on LV 426 from ALIENS. I'm a bit of a nerd like that

I’ve told this story a few times.

I don’t usually name my beers, only if there’s a particular reason.

I was asked to make some beer for my mate’s stag do. He’s a policeman.

I made a batch of citra and simcoe blonde ale which I called A Classic American Blonde. I made labels with a cartoon picture of a slutty looking blonde police woman and made sure the letters ACAB were much bigger and bolder than the other letters.

Nobody else thought it was funny.

I named my first ever all grain after a bridleway in the south Lake District "Breasty Haw". I do enjoy naming my beverages.

Attachments

• label.jpeg
    label.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 46
This T-shirt's got a tale to tell....
Back in the eighties or nineties I dropped a line to Wychwood to tell them that Fiddler's Elbow was one of my favourite beers, which it was, and that my garage converted into a homebrew bar was known in the locality as The Dog's Bollokcs and could they send me some beer mats and posters for their beer. They sent me a cracking letter, plenty of promo stuff and this t- shirt, which is the biggest size XL if ever seen. Anyway, it fits like a tent, which accounts for it still being in good nick. I loved the old Wychwood beers, but I could never get on with Hobgoblin. Tasted like cold gravy to me.

Ginger ******. I‘ve only ever seen it once when I was sailing on the Norfolk Broads and came across a pub with a beer festival one night. Walking up to the bar and asking for a Ginger ****** was one of the highlights of my life.

I believe it originates from Cornwall and relates to pancake tossing.

In our local onetime unfortunately I can’t remember the brewer but it was called Gobble which everyone found amusing except the bar maid when asking for one 😂

“Helles bells” for the Bavarian helles.
“Sui-Cidre” for the barrel aged 20% cider
“Stand up, stumble, puke on the floor” for a barley wine (based on the running cadence “stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door “ sung by airborne types)
“Spiders in the Morning” for a 12% Tripel.
(Cuz that is what you see)
“2km scream” for the jalapeño tequila.
The first time I made it, I put it in a swing top bottle, and someone gave it to a buddy as he was waking up. He thought it beer, and took a hefty swig. He was heard 2km away…

Back