Best Beer Names

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I’ve seen references to this in other threads with people mentioning the great names that some beers have. A couple of examples I recall seeing on this forum are an NEIPA called “Juice Forsyth“ and a Brut IPA called “Brut Reynolds“.
What prompted me to post this is that I’ve just seen that a local brewery to me have a hazy Pale ale called “ Is Citra way to Amarillo” which I thought was brilliant. There must be so many other good ones.

I’ve told this story a few times.

I don’t usually name my beers, only if there’s a particular reason.

I was asked to make some beer for my mate’s stag do. He’s a policeman.

I made a batch of citra and simcoe blonde ale which I called A Classic American Blonde. I made labels with a cartoon picture of a slutty looking blonde police woman and made sure the letters ACAB were much bigger and bolder than the other letters.

Nobody else thought it was funny.

Are you surprised? A pretty insulting acronym really.
No more insulting than what we usually throw around at each other. My friend group are thick skinned with a fairly “out there” sense of humour when we around each other.

One of the other policemen in my circle of friends constantly jokes that he’s shamed his family joining the police etc, so it wasn’t exactly outwith the bounds of our usual banter. The reason it didn’t go as I expected was more to do with that acronym being rarely used these days (I clearly listen to far too much 70s and 80s punk music) and people not being aware of it than them being offended by it.

No more insulting than what we usually throw around at each other. My friend group are thick skinned with a fairly “out there” sense of humour when we around each other.

One of the other policemen in my circle of friends constantly jokes that he’s shamed his family joining the police etc, so it wasn’t exactly outwith the bounds of our usual banter. The reason it didn’t go as I expected was more to do with that acronym being rarely used these days (I clearly listen to far too much 70s and 80s punk music) and people not being aware of it than them being offended by it.
The reason I responded was because I am seeing it used quite a bit by the likes of the Hunt Saboteurs hashtagged into posts, and whilst I am not unsympathetic to their cause, quite the contrary in fact and they have good reason to criticise the police , the fact is that not ACAB and we would in fact be in a bit of a poor situation without them. Using ACAB is not good for their cause and will turn people away from them.

I think I’ve seen references to this in other threads with people mentioning the great names that some beers have. A couple of examples I recall seeing on this forum are an NEIPA called “Juice Forsyth“ and a Brut IPA called “Brut Reynolds“.
What prompted me to post this is that I’ve just seen that a local brewery to me have a hazy Pale ale called “ Is Citra way to Amarillo” which I thought was brilliant. There must be so many other good ones.
One I posted on the “what are you drinking tonight” thread on the weekend, Juice Springsteen...
53725321-451B-4461-90D7-213EA3DC7272.jpeg

Have a couple of beer names, but 98% of the time I don't bother, But I have a IPA called Passionate Intruder (Robbed from an old mills n boon book in the works library corner.
Space Cadet a pale ale, Black Nab Imperial Stout, and if you know old hammer horror movies, 'The Devil Rides Stout' All have labels as well.

Have a couple of beer names, but 98% of the time I don't bother, But I have a IPA called Passionate Intruder (Robbed from an old mills n boon book in the works library corner.
Space Cadet a pale ale, Black Nab Imperial Stout, and if you know old hammer horror movies, 'The Devil Rides Stout' All have labels as well.
"The devil rides stout" was that originally brewed by Dennis Wheat beer?

There was a Strawberries and Cream milkshake stout in Sainsbury's called Milk Foley.

The tagline was something like "a beer for all Mankind."

You might have to be a wrestling fan to get this one.

I like "Faceless Spreadsheet Ninja" by Weird Beard.

I have Halloween recipes, but they're more of a theme than funny:

Saison of the Witch - A saison with dark candi sugar and midnight wheat.
Old Scratch's Old Ale - An American Barleywine

Also two leftover beers (which I found funny) Arsend bitter (it was the arsend of my ingredients) and Kveik do and blend (A kveik beer with lots of leftover hops).

Last edited:
I look back in nostalgia when all you got on a beer label was the brewery name plus the type of beer. None of this nauseating **** they write on the back and stupid names you get these days.
Fernvale nut brown ale (-).jpg

Latest posts

Back