Best beer you have brewed and why?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've just had a pint of my cascade/centennial pale, and it might have been the lamb shawarma I ate it with, but by god I enjoyed it. It's a tough choice but I think it's probably my fave brew so far. It's citrus fresh and hoppy, but with a nice smooth malt base, a little sweetness from the caramalt and lovely mouthfeel (maybe a bit under carbed but nobody's perfect).

So...what's your best brew to date and why?

I really like my Nelson Sauvin pale ale, just because it tastes like nothing else I've made (in a good way). I am a fan of this hop.

New ish to homebrew, about a year. Dabbled in all types of brewing, but my favourite currently is probably a Woodford Wherry i did, with added specialities. Tasted like cookies.

New ish to homebrew, about a year. Dabbled in all types of brewing, but my favourite currently is probably a Woodford Wherry i did, with added specialities. Tasted like cookies.

What did you add to make it taste like cookies? Cookies?

Recently, a classic Saison with Aurora hops. Patience made it a favourite. 4 weeks in the primary and 6 weeks conditioning following natural carbonation. All evidence that it ever existed was consumed very quickly. I should make another, when I'm feeling patient enough.

I've tried to come up with an answer but can't single one out sorry!

No it was the one in my Todays 19ltr Biab thread

Another story sorry for the thread Hijack

Talking about great service!! Put in my order with the Worcester Hop Shop i think on sunday, taking into account its not a trading day got a email on tuesday saying your order has been delivered ! a 1 day turn around very impressed :-D

Recently, a classic Saison with Aurora hops. Patience made it a favourite. 4 weeks in the primary and 6 weeks conditioning following natural carbonation. All evidence that it ever existed was consumed very quickly. I should make another, when I'm feeling patient enough.

Sounds interesting. Post the recipe!

Back