Best Bottle Postage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottlesCansCraft

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure many of you have posted beer bottles back and forth at some point for competitions and swaps etc. but whats the concensus on the best postage method?

This may be a bit of a daft question, but does everyone simply box up and send via royal mail second class for the most affordable option, or do people use a different service e.g. hermes or similar for a better price?

Cheers

I've sent dozens of bottles through royal mail with only 1 or 2 casualties. I think it's £3.15 for a second class small parcel, up to about a shoebox size.

Royal Mail says
Alcoholic beverages and liquids containing less than 24% alcohol by volume (ABV) (including beer, lager, wine and champagne)

• UK & International - Allowed in the mail, with restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
  • Volume should not exceed 1 litre per item.
  • Wrap in polythene and seal with tape.
  • Surround with absorbent material such as newspaper and sufficient cushioning material to protect each item from breakage.
  • Mark as 'FRAGILE' when sending glass bottles.
  • The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/uk-what-can-i-sendMany couriers have alcohol on their prohibited list.
I always use Royal Mail

Latest posts

Back