Best Cleaner?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep 2kg i bought one yesterday it wasn't priced so i asked a young chappie and he wrote the code down on a piece of paper to give at the check out, i also bought a hanging basket for19-99 i gave the the young lady the paper and she said thats 2-99 then i didn't have the heart and owned up i said that's for for the cleaner the basket is 19-99 to which she replied thank you

If you have hard water then the regular ‘oxi’ products can leave a white residue.

For all my brewery cleaning I previously used PBW, which avoided the residue and was highly effective. Now I use ‘Chemclean’ as I can buy 5kg of it for for under £30.

When I clean a keg I will give it a good rinse out with the hose pipe, then put in a couple of spoons of cleaner and a kettle full of water with a bit of extra water to top it up. Give it a good shake, then leave it for a bit, coming back and shaking occasionally.

After soaking I will blow out some cleaner through beer lines, then empty and rinse.
Where do you buy that from?

For all my brewery cleaning I previously used PBW, which avoided the residue and was highly effective. Now I use ‘Chemclean’ as I can buy 5kg of it for for under £30.

I’ve gone the other way, big tub of Chemclean was/is my go to product, but you really need gloves to scrub items, as it affects the skin.

Is PBW skin friendly?

I have recently managed to get my hands on some PBW, after hearing everybody rave it about. Not used any yet. So I’ve got the option for both now.

A lot more expensive per kilo due to it being imported from the US I guess.

5Kg Chemclean for £28
1.8Kg (4lb) PBW for £38

Bloody Americans, move into the 21st century and start using metric.

1oz per gallon , it’s not even a proper gallon 🤣

Bog brush! Great idea!
I use Astonish oxi from BM Bargains...£2.99 for 3kg...as said also great for cleaning the washing machine,dishwasher etc.
That the one?

Attachments

• A35430E7-4AE5-4DBE-8DE8-789D6A5A7CA8.jpeg
    A35430E7-4AE5-4DBE-8DE8-789D6A5A7CA8.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 43
Back