Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its getting out of hand now.
"craft" beers everywhere, every bottle is hopped to the max and each trying to be more radical than the next (is it Brewdog,s fault hmmmm?)
Thank God for homebrew 😇

"craft" beers everywhere, every bottle is hopped to the max and each trying to be more radical than the next (is it Brewdog,s fault hmmmm?)
Thank God for homebrew 😇

just had an elvis juice.

lush, so I suppose it is brewdog's fault.

as far as uk breweries go, if I could only drinks beers from a single brewery, brewdog would be my choice! :cheers:

just had an elvis juice.

as far as uk breweries go, if I could only drinks beers from a single brewery, brewdog would be my choice! :cheers:

Nah!...you would soon be bored witless...
wheres me coat...

id say it would be the extra special porter (shepherds neame) in Asda for me.
a banks mild is a nice sessionable beer although its nowhere to be seen lately I'm sad to say
can there ever be a better commercial IPA to a homebrew one? not for me

I hate you guys!!
Let's see, today I had... Asahi. Wait, that's all you can get here!!

Where are you based, JB? Last time I was over there was a lot more choice in the convenience stores, and getting decent beer in the cities was easier than ever...

id say it would be the extra special porter (shepherds neame) in Asda for me.
a banks mild is a nice sessionable beer although its nowhere to be seen lately I'm sad to say
can there ever be a better commercial IPA to a homebrew one? not for me

I dunno, some of the American DIPAs are incredibly good.

just had an elvis juice.

I'm with you...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

just had an elvis juice.

I'm with you! 👍

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Camden town brewery is now owned by anheuser-Busch InBev NV (belgian giant which makes budweiser) so I guess you can now call that commercial. I can get it in a few supermarkets near me (waitrose and sainsburys) Their pale ale is fantastic - less bitter than brewdogs punk ipa (which I also like) and with a great finish. Problem is its £6 a litre! Aside from that its all good

just had an elvis juice.

It was tongue in cheek, i actually love Brewdog beers even if the two head honchos patter is cheesy mince.
If i could make Elvis Juice or the old Punk IPA i wouldn't leave the house.
Ever.......

Thank God for homebrew 😇

I like the fact that it's now more accessible to the masses. More people trying it and wondering how they have lived so long drinking pissy fizzy dish water.
It's also appearing in more pubs too which is great news.

Still love making my own beer though.

I was in Rye over the last couple of days and had an amazing local lager and it consisted of:

East Anglian malt, saaz and cascade hops, then re-ferment using Champagne yeast before adding a "dosage" of the rare and fragrant Nelson Sauvin hop before cold filtering this unpasturised beer into bottle. Full-flavoured and well balanced with aromatic hoppy notes and a crisp refreshing finish.

Called ChapelDown Curious brew, link here but love the fact they are using different yeasts and the hops were amazing

https://www.chapeldown.com/curious-brew

There are loads of nice beers around, but having a preference for lighter, golden beers, my absolute favourite would be Adnams Ghost Ship. Fantastic pint.

I really like Dublin Porter from Guinness. I prefer it to their more famous tipple.

Aside from that, in Northern Ireland we have a growing number of commercial micro breweries and their stuff is amazing. Our local whetherspoons does a vast array of real ales. There is the Ards Brewing company who do a Ballyblack - beautiful stout and Scrabo gold which is a lovely IPA.

But really since I started getting into ales I prefer to sample them all - love trying new stuff and like the American ales immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back