Best Commercial Mead?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope it's OK to ask this question, but what are people's thoughts on the best commercial mead in the UK? Something up to the value of £20.

I've made que a few home brew meads in the past year but the only commercial one that I've tried is the Lymebay Black Cherry Mead. I just want a comparison to my own meads, particularly my traditional that I've just bottled.

What's your favourites?

While probably one,of the most ‘commercial’ of meads I am a fan of Lyme Bay Traditional Mead (14.5%) find its best served at room temperature it’s a fairly sweet mead but it’s a consistent solid mead makes for a rather nice after dinner drink.

I love mead and I've never found a commercial one I like. They seem to be cloyingly sweet. Make your own, would be my advice. No need to use expensive honey, use the generic stuff and then when it's fermented, "feed" it with the orange blossom or lavender or whatever honey until it won't ferment any more and you've got the level of sweetness you want.

Latest posts

Back