Best lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Will B
Time (and gravity) will usually clear most beers. My experience is that two to three weeks is enough.
A cold place will help things along too.
Its unusual for kit beers to take longer.
Perhaps another week or two and you may find its cleared. If not and it tastes fine I suggest you get stuck in.
I would not recommend that you start filling bottles from your PB yet. However if you do decide to do that you will have to reprime the bottles.

Anyone done the Mad Millie on offer at Brew2Bottle? Just chucked mine in the FV the other day.

Thank you for this and sorry for delay in response. Beer still cloudy and started brew on 13th April! Kegged for secondary 10 days later on 23rd as per instructions. So it has now been something like 5 weeks! Do you think I should try putting a cpl of bottles in fridge to see if colder temp clears it? I feel I have nothing to lose here (will prime them)...Grateful for your help, Will

@Will B
Time (and gravity) will usually clear most beers. My experience is that two to three weeks is enough.
Perhaps another week or two and you may find its cleared. If not and it tastes fine I suggest you get stuck in.
I would not recommend that you start filling bottles from your PB yet. However if you do decide to do that you will have to reprime the bottles.

@Will B
Further to my panicky messages it had just cleared today and tastes delicious! Well worth the wait! Thank you for advice, Will.

I will have to learn the art of patience.
Google "clear beer gelatin" because some places call it liquid time, which kind of means liquid patience. All the breweries used to put isinglass in their casks so you can get a head-start with your barrel. Don't get fixated on the "It has to be cold to work" thing either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back