Best 'Pale' to add to?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleinan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I brewed so a bit rusty.

I plan to start with just a solid Pale Ale kit and then dry hop with possibly Mosaic, Sabro, or even good old reliable Citra! Anyway, any suggestions on which kit to buy? I have had good results with Ritchies Simply Pale in the past but that must be 10 years ago now.

Cheers

Ian

Hi everyone,

I plan to start with just a solid Pale Ale kit and then dry hop with possibly Mosaic, Sabro, or even good old reliable Citra! Anyway, any suggestions on which kit to buy? I have had good results with Ritchies Simply Pale in the past but that must be 10 years ago now.

Cheers

Ian

I’ve just taking delivery of a Simply Pale Ale kit to do this next.
I’ve only done 3 kits to completion plus i’ve got 2 on the go now St peters Gold Ale and a woodforde.
I’ve always followed instructions religiously but, i was given the idea on here Re pimping a basic kit up.

I’m going to dry hop half the kit and leave the other half as intended.
i don’t like overly floral or Citrusy Beers like some of them American ipa’s so i’m thinking of
dry hopping EKG this time and 1kg of brew enhancer.
Does anybody know what the expected Alc % is brewed as pe4 instructions?

Most of the kits i’ve done are the 3kg so i’m considering extra 300g sugar to make 3kg of fermentable.
If this works out well i plan on working my way thru different hops to discover which i prefer.

Attachments

• DD023EA2-4D7D-4564-9BF2-8F331775E69A.jpeg
    DD023EA2-4D7D-4564-9BF2-8F331775E69A.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 73
Hi everyone,

Cheers

Ian
I am thinking of doing the same sort of thing and have noticed at least one person on here has successfully tweaked the Coopers Australian Pale Ale kit and posted the recipe used.

I've made quite a few Simply Pale Ale kits and really like them,I dry hop with 50G citra or falconers Flight and so far they have all turned out lovely!.

I would short brew the kits aswell to give a little more body and depth of flavour if you are not already doing that

I have just started a Coopers IPA with added fuggles and EKG hops. Will let you know how it turns out. Smells nice.

Back