Best place to buy mixed cases of beer online?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
I’ve ran out of Homebrew! I’ve been using up my stocks ready for my garage being converted into a 2nd living room (with bar) and now I’ve got no beer, and the room won’t be ready for another week so I’m looking at about another month before I’ll have Homebrew ready.

I’ve been drinking supermarket stuff and, in the absence of my local microbrewery taproom being open, I’m a bit bored to be honest.

It’s been ages since I have bought beer online. In the past I’ve used Beerwulf and Beerhawk, but the former appears to have given up on individual bottles in favour of the Sub and the Blade, and the latter has a limited selection of single bottles and none of the ready-made mixed cases catch my eye.

Is there anywhere else I should look?

Facebook has obviously been tracking my web activity because I’ve just grabbed a Flavourly deal - 24 cans, 2 glasses, some crisps and a magazine for £29.99.

Hi Mick I've had some good beers off of them, the purists will maybe not so forth coming with accolades but as I said some of them are quite good and as a plus the wife likes them so I can wean her off Macro Lagers athumb..

Hi Mick I've had some good beers off of them, the purists will maybe not so forth coming with accolades but as I said some of them are quite good and as a plus the wife likes them so I can wean her off Macro Lagers athumb..
For about £1 a can if they on a par with supermarket “craft” beer I’ll be more than happy.

I was ideally after a mix of German, Belgian, British and American beers but this will keep me going nicely.

Last edited:
All depends what you're after, but many breweries are selling direct under the current situation, and often not just their own beers.

I've been using the following mix of these independent bottle shops and breweries over the last year. Excellent service from each.

otterstears.beer
beermoth.co.uk
thirstclassale.co.uk
elusivebrewing.com

All depends what you're after, but many breweries are selling direct under the current situation, and often not just their own beers.

I've been using the following mix of these independent bottle shops and breweries over the last year. Excellent service from each.

otterstears.beer
beermoth.co.uk
thirstclassale.co.uk
elusivebrewing.com
My local microbrewery usually have a very good selection (and I used to make regular lunchtime trips pre-homeworking), but I’m just outside their delivery radius.

My local microbrewery usually have a very good selection (and I used to make regular lunchtime trips pre-homeworking), but I’m just outside their delivery radius.

Might be worth getting in touch with them. Used to be the same for this area too, but they included it after a few enquiries.

Beer52 have regular pay the postage for 8 bottle deals. I find them a bit hit and miss. Most are 330ml so it's like a tease of too much guff and not enough of a good one.

Brewdog have been doing some decent case deals which bring them to around a £1 a can or less if you can find a voucher code or cash back.

Black sheep were doing good deals but I think that was just to drive traffic to their website and sell potential waste from pubs being shut.

I would be interested if anyone knows any places for reasonably priced continental ales.

Beer Merchants are an obvious shout - the retail arm of Cave Direct, one of the biggest importers and eg UK agents for Paulaner, De la Senne, Kona, people like that. They have a bar near the Olympic Park that hosted the club night of the first Beercon.

https://www.beermerchants.com/mixed-cases
The economics of direct imports from the Continent have been pretty much permanently screwed by the Brexit vote and decisions made thereafter.

But yep, support your local breweries - with a couple of exceptions they've had a really tough year, with minimal support from government so their businesses hang on a knife-edge. The likes of Great Heck, Pershore and Summer Wine have already gone - it really is a case of use them or lose them.

Check out Williams Bros for their beer. Some of the best beer I've had and they also do some with additional ingredients such as pine, elderflower or gooseberries.
I was skeptical but it's well worth a try. They also offer your big standard ipa, lager, stout etc. I'll get from them again. Postage was decent too 👍

Back