Best put an extra clothes peg on the washing line.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tomorrow and Saturdays weather looks to be a bit gusty.

wwwwwww.jpg

wwww2.jpg

Wind is ridiculous up here in Northumberland. People are having sheds blown onto the roads. I had to go out and investigate a noise earlier, one of the wheelie bins had tried to put itself out. Bit of a lull at the moment but will be getting worse again no doubt.

Certainly windy and wet here. We had several trees down over roads. Fortunately being a largely rural/farming community there is always a passing car that can help. In today's case, by the time a traffic car and I got there there was a farmer with a pickup and a bowsaw there. Two minutes later a passing carpenter joined in so while traffic and I controlled the cars, they cut the fallen tree off and the farmer dragged it into the verge with his pickup. 15 minutes and all done. I then had to freeze my bits off at an RTC on the top of a very windy hill!

Picked up again bad here. Not looking forward to checking everything when it’s light.

Trains were cancelled here early last night they provided taxis for all that people that turned up with a ticket.

Some pictures from BBC News -

1638014405349.png

1638014334595.png

1638015058545.png

1638014352848.png

Our aerial is no longer pointing at the transmitter and every installer is booked up for the weekend luckily we also have a freesat box so we can still watch stuff on the main T.V.

We went out to get some beer earlier we turned into the road in pic 1 and that was as far as we got (pic 2)

chr2.jpg
ULVTREE.jpg

Not looking too bad for glasgow, bit of extra wind. The last storm barely touched here too. Following the hot summer and very mild autumn I'm expecting a few hurricanes in late december to make up for it

Lashing it down this morning but the wind isn't too bad going to be a grim day at work.

Latest posts

Back