Best Recipes..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aitch

Reaction score
The elders in the field in front of me are just coming into flower, lets have your best recipes for elderflower shampoo and I'll start some off later this week!

Same here for me! I'm off today to go pick some and buy some cages and corks for champagne bottles!

Elderflower Champagne here i come! :D :D

Andy

First and foremost is the selection of the elderflowers. Get this wrong, and you end up with something remeniscent of cat's ****.
Choose a sunny day. Sniff each spray of flowers and pick only the pleasantly fragrant, freshly opened ones and strip the flowers from the stems on the same day and pour on boiling water to make an infusion.
Fresh lemon juice rather than citric acid, brewing sugar instead of household sugar and Youngs white wine enhancer grape concentrate instead of supermarket grape juice.

tonyhibbett said:
First and foremost is the selection of the elderflowers. Get this wrong, and you end up with something remeniscent of cat's ****.
Choose a sunny day. Sniff each spray of flowers and pick only the pleasantly fragrant, freshly opened ones and strip the flowers from the stems on the same day and pour on boiling water to make an infusion.
Fresh lemon juice rather than citric acid, brewing sugar instead of household sugar and Youngs white wine enhancer grape concentrate instead of supermarket grape juice.

Thanks Tony, sounds like a plan. There were 3 heads on the bush yesterday, about 8 today, i'll be picking tomorrow at this rate.

Latest posts

Back