Best Recipes..

Discussion in 'Wine, Cider, Mead and Kombucha Discussion.' started by Aitch, May 27, 2012.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. May 27, 2012 #1

Aitch

Aitch

Aitch

The elders in the field in front of me are just coming into flower, lets have your best recipes for elderflower shampoo and I'll start some off later this week!

2. May 28, 2012 #2

Peapodmaster

Peapodmaster

Peapodmaster

Regular.

Same here for me! I'm off today to go pick some and buy some cages and corks for champagne bottles!

Elderflower Champagne here i come! :D :D

Andy

3. May 28, 2012 #3

tonyhibbett

tonyhibbett

tonyhibbett

Landlord.

First and foremost is the selection of the elderflowers. Get this wrong, and you end up with something remeniscent of cat's piss.
    Choose a sunny day. Sniff each spray of flowers and pick only the pleasantly fragrant, freshly opened ones and strip the flowers from the stems on the same day and pour on boiling water to make an infusion.
    Fresh lemon juice rather than citric acid, brewing sugar instead of household sugar and Youngs white wine enhancer grape concentrate instead of supermarket grape juice.

4. May 28, 2012 #4

Aitch

Aitch

Aitch

Thanks Tony, sounds like a plan. There were 3 heads on the bush yesterday, about 8 today, i'll be picking tomorrow at this rate.