Best Serving Temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
graysalchemy said:
So you don't like any flavour or aroma in your beer then :whistle:

I've never heard such beer snobbery before. Let me just make it clear that there is no incorrect way to drink beer, I prefer the cold refreshing feel of a cold beer.

If anybody tries to tell me all beer tastes the same when they're cold they're talking rubbish.

Its not rubbish it is science. Aroma and taste is a product of volatile compounds in the beer being released and in order to be released they need heat.

And as for beer snobbery it wasn't I was merely illustrating a point.

I have my UK beers and my American beers in the same kegerator so they are the same temp. I keep my kegerator around 12C. That is very warm for American beers. I don't currently have any lagers on draught so it's not as critical. I guess I need to tell the finance committee that I need TWO kegerators!

I propose that the finance committee approve the Budget application for a new Kegerator for our American Brethren Mr Barry Phettabs.

Hope that helps Barry. :lol:

If you need any more help just ask :lol: :lol:

And you really think she, er they, will care? :-)

I can imagine the response will be "You need MORE brewing equipment?????"

No, more SERVING equipment!

My kegerator is too cold at the moment.. But I have got one of those temperature control gizmos now and will be rigging it up the weekend. Aiming for 12c I think :cheers:

Bitters I serve through the beer engine and the polypin sits on a concrete floor so its cool, bottles of APAs and AIPA's I serve from the fridge as cool as possible.

phettebs said:

Well if they won't care then why should you :whistle: :whistle:

Go on just go and buy one, I am sure you don't get consulted when she wants something :whistle: :whistle:

I certainly don't, I came home once to find 10k worth of car sat on my drive. :twisted: :twisted:

graysalchemy said:
phettebs said:

Well if they won't care then why should you :whistle: :whistle:

Go on just go and buy one, I am sure you don't get consulted when she wants something :whistle: :whistle:

I certainly don't, I came home once to find 10k worth of car sat on my drive. :twisted: :twisted:
I bought mine a horse, and I work on the principle that as it costs close on 3 grand a year to keep the thing, I have 3 grand a year that I can spend on toys . . . . She agrees . . . Job Done.

So my advice is Buy Her a Horse!!

Well I got the temperature gizmo wired in and fixed to the side of my scruffy kegerator, thanks to my nephews patience and skill as a spark! If I did it the thing would have been chucked out the window or I would have blown myself up! :electric:
I now can drink my brews just the way I like them! :drink:
image_zps3b8dc7c7.jpg

I like to drink IPA and find the perfect temperature for these to be around 12-13 degrees. In the summer maybe chilled a little more if I'm sitting out in the sun as the coldness in itself can be a refreshing element when beer drinking.
If we were all the same we wouldn't have forums I guess :cheers:

Latest posts

Back