Best Serving Temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. What temperature do most of you serve your beer at. I seen 10 degrees mentioned somewhere but I find that a bit too cold for my liking. Just wanted to see what the concensus was. Any offers really appreciated.
Regards
Patch

I just keep it in the garage in winter and the rest of the year I put them in the fridge for an hour or so and then bring them out for half an hour.

The fridge I use for crash cooling and conditioning sits around 1-2'C, I take a bottle out about half an hour before drinking, Usually

graysalchemy said:
I just keep it in the garage in winter and the rest of the year I put them in the fridge for an hour or so and then bring them out for half an hour.
:wha: so why not just put them in the fridge for half hour & drink straight away?

'Ideal' Cellar temp is 12-13C (CAMRA :sick: :sick: and Cask Marque) . . . I try to serve mine around that if I can.

Lager a bit colder . . . Not ice cold like the current rage seems to be but somewhere around 8-10C

I keep mine at 8c. I am a heathen from a country where we see the sun more than a handful of times a year. It's just the way I like it.

If im getting bottles from beer fridge when not being used for fermenting, they're at 12'c otherwise if they are room temp they get 20 mins in the house fridge before drinking.

joe1002 said:
graysalchemy said:
:wha: so why not just put them in the fridge for half hour & drink straight away?

There is not always room in the fridge and were they are stored in winter is cold enough anyway. :thumb:

graysalchemy said:
joe1002 said:
graysalchemy said:

There is not always room in the fridge and were they are stored in winter is cold enough anyway. :thumb:

If there was no room in the fridge how did you get them in there for an hour.... :lol:

supersteve said:
Nothing beats a cold brew imo :drink:
I thought this at one time now I can't stand cold ale, even at 10'c its too cool for me. 12'c perfect for bitters and about 16/18'c for stouts.

supersteve said:
Nothing beats a cold brew imo :drink:

With a cold brew you don't get any of the aroma and the flavour is diminished.

Sadly we are conditioned by the Admen that a cold beer is what we want. :evil: :evil:

And why do they do that.................. to hide the fact that the commercial carp has no flavour and doesn't know what a hop is.

The same reason why they tell us it is cool to drink out of a bottle. ;)

My life isn't controlled by adverts, I've tried warm beer, I've tried room temp beer and I've tried chilled beer.

My personal preference is cold beer!

graysalchemy said:
joe1002 said:
graysalchemy said:

I was referring to the bit in bold above.

What I meant was why not just put them in the fridge for 30 mins then drink rather than putting them in the fridge for 60 mins then take them out for 30 mins before drinking, saving yourself a whole 60 mins. :lol:

Anyway I was being facetious, most out of character :whistle:

I serve my ales at 12 C - I find with this temp the beer seems cool but also contains the right balance of flavour and aroma.. :thumb:

Back