Best thing you ever purchased

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing wise - the Peco boiler that allowed me to start the all grain journey.

But no competition for the best overall category - our second home that keeps me away from brewing for 5 months a year! (The one on the left)
699E076C-F4FF-428C-92CA-48B58E358285.jpeg

Not over excited about my brewing kit.
My weakness is probably fishing tackle then the couple of grand I've spent on metal detectors and other bits.
My next purchase will be a bbq.
Though...my next major expense COULD be a house as the battle to stop development on the field behind our house is coming to an end soon and Mrs Clint is getting itchy feet...its a pain as the mortgage is finished in a couple of months. I wanted to look at not working nights any more too but looks like I'm on a loser with that.
Ah well...

Not over excited about my brewing kit.
My weakness is probably fishing tackle then the couple of grand I've spent on metal detectors and other bits.
My next purchase will be a bbq.
Though...my next major expense COULD be a house as the battle to stop development on the field behind our house is coming to an end soon and Mrs Clint is getting itchy feet...its a pain as the mortgage is finished in a couple of months. I wanted to look at not working nights any more too but looks like I'm on a loser with that.
Ah well...
I feel a new thread coming along - “Show us your best metal detector find”. Maybe not, but I need to know what yours is please Clinf?

Hi Pavalijo, nice boat, i watch lots of sailing videos on you tube amazes me how a 27ft boat can get round the world
Thanks Rod……
We are tortoises though - set off from Scotland in 2016 and will only get to Portugal this year (been in Galicia, NW Spain 4 winters now, 2 more than intended because of Covid).
We don’t do you tube but there are lots of pictures on the blog HERE (the format is not working at the moment so navigation the journey logs will get easier when we sort it out after a technical failure!!)

Brewing wise - the Peco boiler that allowed me to start the all grain journey.

But no competition for the best overall category - our second home that keeps me away from brewing for 5 months a year! (The one on the left)
View attachment 65107
Thanks Rod……
We are tortoises though - set off from Scotland in 2016 and will only get to Portugal this year (been in Galicia, NW Spain 4 winters now, 2 more than intended because of Covid).
We don’t do you tube but there are lots of pictures on the blog HERE (the format is not working at the moment so navigation the journey logs will get easier when we sort it out after a technical failure!!)
Hi i think it's great , i prefare the older boats that need hands on to sail them, some of the modern one's were everything is done from the cockpit don't appeal to me getting the poles out and going wing on wing' or the spiniker in light winds, i wish you well on your journey

I read your canning post a moment ago sonds like a good set up but I don't brew beer and using the little bottler wand on the end of the auto Syphon tube works for me.
I use the bucket clips to hold the syphon tube still where it leaves the FV and further down to hook the Syphon tube to the cupboard door handle again to keep everything still.

Lot of you mentioned your wife. Can you guys give me any advice how to get free labour to clean brewing equipment, without getting married and make kids?🤔

Lot of you mentioned your wife. Can you guys give me any advice how to get free labour to clean brewing equipment, without getting married and make kids?🤔
Open a commercial brewery and offer home brewers the chance to use commercial kit. Then make them watch you make beer and they clean it all afterwards 😉

I spent the summer of 1985 labouring on a building site. I bought a 1972 US Fender Strat for £100 with 3 weeks worth of income. I still have it today, the neck has been refurbished, and the bridge replaced. It’s an absolute delight to play, the bright vintage tones are exceptional and none of my other guitars can produce that sound.

I spent the summer of 1985 labouring on a building site. I bought a 1972 US Fender Strat for £100 with 3 weeks worth of income. I still have it today, the neck has been refurbished, and the bridge replaced. It’s an absolute delight to play, the bright vintage tones are exceptional and none of my other guitars can produce that sound.
I know shytall about such things but it sounds all right...

Brewing related: 3kg of Pilsner malt, 100g of EKG and a sachet of Belle Saison. No going back after that.

Brew Kit: My Igloo 2.5gl mash tun was the first bit of kit and still in action.

General: Can't even think how many hours of enjoyment I've had out of this plank.

DSC_0033-01-01.jpeg

Back