Best way to glue my own labels to my bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why not buy pre mixed wall paper paste and use a dab of that if you want, i have tried the avery lables but can never get them to print properly on the pages so i dont bother, i just print them out on plain paper and use milk or wall paper paste

why not buy pre mixed wall paper paste and use a dab of that if you want, i have tried the avery lables but can never get them to print properly on the pages so i dont bother, i just print them out on plain paper and use milk or wall paper paste
Hmm,can you run that thru a jet printer? If so good idea.I meant ready pasted lining paper

I just click the print preview on the avery design page and they all looked ok and then I just print them. Did you select the correct label size and page size?

dont know and not interested, they had there one and only chance and i binned the lot, i dont have the time to muck about with stupid computers when theres life to be lead

i use pdf labels where you add details to one and the rest change automatically

as for the wall paper paste look at this at tool station
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adh.../Ready+Mixed+Border+&+Overlap+Adhesive/p54353

we had one and just put four dabs one in each corner and it has lasted years

dont know and not interested, they had there one and only chance and i binned the lot, i dont have the time to muck about with stupid computers when theres life to be lead
Slightly harsh response to someone who was trying to assist, methinks......

I hope this may help. I always buy the 'avery' labels or equivalent (you can sometimes find them in the bargain £1.00 style shops, so when I see them I stock right up with 5 or so boxes) I try to get the one per sheet style, so if I do get creative and make some labels from scratch on the PC I'm not restricted to size and can cut them out once they are printed (too much hassle trying to resize everything - easy enough to do, but I'm easily sidetracked onto something more interesting!) I found this website https://liagriffith.com/ (Hope I'm allowed to link - sorry if not) which has a whole load of already designed but customisable labels (so it will have some fancy lettering and wording already there, all you have to do is add your name or what it is etc) Takes seconds to do, although you do have to dig around on the site a bit and download the templates - but one you have them you can use them over and over.

I use sticky labels and sticky tape them on. I make sure the bottle surface is dry before sticking them.

They are handy to put all the dates and details and what I added etc.

Back