Big Jugs!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MmmBeer

Brew Pub Brewer
Reaction score
Now I've got your attention, onto my question.

Whilst brewing today, I started thinking about the bits of equipment I have bought and which of them were the best purchases. I'm not talking about the big items (mash tuns, boilers, all in ones etc.), but those little bit that just make a brew day easier.

My first is the reason for the thread title, my 4 litre jug, used for measuring out mash and sparge water volumes, cleaning and sanitising smaller items and a few other tasks as well.
1617211602005.png

(I've cheated slightly, this is a 5l one from a website, but you get the idea.)

My second was probably less obvious, but it is a set of small bowls that are ideal for weighing out hops, chemicals and even small grain additions, without resorting to raiding the tupperware collection. Best of all they were only £1 for 6.
1617211909618.png

Feel free to share your suggestions.

I got a big jug...but...weigh your water in it as the measurements are out...a bit.
I use takeaway tubs for brew day for the hops...which are in constant rotation either empty or full of curry base sauce in the freezer.

I got a big jug...but...weigh your water in it as the measurements are out...a bit.
I use takeaway tubs for brew day for the hops...which are in constant rotation either empty or full of curry base sauce in the freezer.
Yes, my big jug has my own volume markings, measured by weighing the water.

Thought this was going to be a post about the Ebay store, until i realised that was Bigger Jugs!, have ordered from them before, good gear for those starting out IMHO.

Back