Big nipples

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing the tap on my Burco boiler, and need an extra long parallel threaded 1/2'' stainless steel nipple, about 50mm long. The standard ones are too short. I can only find one supplier online, and they are coming in at over £12 each once you've factored in postage. Can anyone point me to a supplier with something suitable in stock?

What do you mean the thread title is blatantly misleading? That's your dirty mind, that is. wink...

Thanks guys - pipe dream look the best so far, about £9.50 for a 50mm nipple once you factor in postage. BES is where I got my ball valve from; unless I'm mistaken, they don't do long threaded ones.

The only other place I can think of round here is the casbah on Grimsby docks, but that would be an altogether different type of long nipple, and almost certainly not stainless. :laugh8:

Try some local hydraulic suppliers, they probably wont have exactly what you're looking for but most good ones will be able to make it up and charge you about the same as they would for an off the shelf fitting (takes less than 5 minutes to make with a standard size pipe and a bsp tap).

I'm replacing the tap on my Burco boiler, and need an extra long parallel threaded 1/2'' stainless steel nipple, about 50mm long. The standard ones are too short. I can only find one supplier online, and they are coming in at over £12 each once you've factored in postage. Can anyone point me to a supplier with something suitable in stock?

What do you mean the thread title is blatantly misleading? That's your dirty mind, that is. wink...

You got one yet?

I bought one recently to fit a tap to a cool box. Same problem as yours: the 25mm one that came with the tap I bought was too short. So bought a 35mm one. It was about £12 with delivery from Angel Homebrew.

Anyway the tap leaked, and now my coolbox is ruined with a hole drilled in it. So I stomped off in a huff and bought myself an all-in-one system instead. So happy ending.

Sorry that was a long winded way of saying if you can make do with a 35mm one, I will send you mine for free.

Latest posts

Back