Biker Thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satellitemark

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

It appears there are a few bikers on the forum so I thought I start a thread where can have a chat etc.

My introduction, I'm a life long bike and have owned over 40 bikes (all Jap or German) I started off "over the fields" while a school boy and got my Fs1e DX on my 16th birthday , highlights along the way include, RD 250F, RD350YPVS, CX 650 with full Rickman fairing and 3 R80RT BMW's the first one I despatched in the late 80's as I did with the CX 650.
I currently have a BMW r80 RT.

I was due in Garmish for the BMW festival yesterday and due at the Austrian GP on Sunday, unfortunately all cancelled due to covid.

Mark

I had a BSA Bantam D14/4 in the late 70s. After that a Honda 250K4, MotoGuzzi V50, Triumph TRVR7, Moto Guzzi California, Moto Guzzi Spada NT, Kawasaki Z550, BMW RS100 (which I didn't like) then a gap before getting a Yamaha DragStar. Sadly, I don't have a bike now and will probably not get another as I'm a pensioner and need to spend my pocket money on beer.

Had my first at 16 for a Christmas present an Fs1e custom and I loved it. Moved to CG125 imbustable and that took some hammering then bought an MBX80 which I loved. A mint Z200, RD200 with a dodgy coil, numerous GSX 250's,GS450,Z650 and still have my GS650GTX for 19 years but its heavy weighing in at 228kg..
Forgot to mention the ZXR600D which I got rid as I would have lost my license as everytime I got on the bugger there was an insatiable urge to wind the throttle open.

Last edited:
I started at 16 with a Mobylette moped, then a Suziki GT80 something or other trail bike, then a BSA B40, then a Triumph Bonneville, then a Honda CB900F2b, then a Yamaha XJ900, then a Suzuki GSXR 1100L I enjoyed all of them in different ways but finally sold the Suzuki a few years ago as it was not getting used enough to justify the costs and I thought I would either lose my license or kill myself lol.
I doubt I will buy another now but wouldn't mind one of the new Norton Dominators or else I would go classic British or Harley if I could afford one (which I can't)

If I come into money I will buy a Ducati; wish they made a belt or shaft drive though.

There are lots of bold riders, lots of old riders, but not so many old, bold riders!

I would buy a decent trike if I had the money as the wife loves going out on the bike but sadly doesn't have the strength of her wrists and she is a short ass....

I would buy a decent trike if I had the money as the wife loves going out on the bike but sadly doesn't have the strength of her wrists and she is a short ass....
Why does that matter? Or do you ride pillion too?

Why does that matter? Or do you ride pillion too?
No pillion for me and purely for grip. Had to get a handle harness that you were and has two handles for the pillion to grip but not a fan plus she's not great will health with back and chest so something that's a bit more easier to access, relax and enjoy.

Suzuki 250 GT (back in the day when learners could ride a 250 on L plates alone)

Honda XL 125 (finally passed my test)

Kawasaki KH 250 triple.

Honda XL 250.

Honda XL 500 R (still my all time favourite)

Suzuki GS550 EZ.

1593795377350.png

1593795467103.png

Far too many to mention over the last 40 odd years!!!
Current (and best to date) is my trusty Triumph Daytona 675 - best supersport ever made...

...I'll grow up one day!!!

Far too many to mention over the last 40 odd years!!!
Current (and best to date) is my trusty Triumph Daytona 675 - best supersport ever made...

...I'll grow up one day!!!
Don’t do that or you'll end up an old fart like an overly rich 2 stroke off the timing and back firing like a goodun...
🏍🏍🏍

I love anything on two wheels, whether it has a motor or not, but I particularly like air-cooled engines. I've owned a BMW R65 Monolever and four classic Vespas. Still got two, which I love. I'd get another BMW airhead in a heartbeat, but I promised mrs Tipper I wouldn't. It was a big bike, even though considered small by BMW standards. Sometimes scared the bejaysus out of me. Plonking around on scooters suits me now.

If I remember correctly my motorcycle history goes thus.

Push Maxi
Yamaha DT125
Honda CB200
Honda CB400
Yamaha RD400 air cooled version
Suzuki GS425T

I then would have bought a Yamaha XS650 but the kids came along, I'm sure most of you know how the story goes from then onwards.

I also had the loan of a Gold Wing for a couple of weeks, scary that...........

Fond memories of them all. The RD400 got nicked from outside work while I was grabbing some overtime, sad day that

Cheers. Tom

Back