Biker Thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been riding bikes since I was a teenager. My first bike was a Honda C50, followed by a CB125 on which I passed my test. Then I got an RD350 YPVS which was great fun and taught me a lot about riding bikes. I took it to the Bol d Or at Paul Ricard in 1993 which was amazing. After that I got an FZR600. Had that for years and rode it a lot in France, mainly to Le Mans. In 2008 I bought a Suzuki Hayabusa and still have it now. I love this bike, so much power and comfortable for a bigger than average bloke. I also raced F1 Sidecars 15 years ago. I was the passenger and it was so much fun until a big crash at Brands Hatch ended my racing career. I was lucky to get away with that crash and still feel the effects of it after all these years.
92FA9669-CD7A-4A46-890A-3F481ACA6BFF.jpeg

B67DDC20-BF71-434F-B94B-64BA3DB022C1.jpeg

Own a 1967 Triumph Super Cub (Bantam with a Tiger Cub engine shoe horned in) Had a ride on it yesterday. Paid £184 for it back then.
Plus a 1999 SV650, also from new. Have to say I cycle more miles than I ride them both but they cost me nearly nowt to put on the road so I use them as back up to the car.

My first was a Yamaha SST 50/4sp ( trunk-bike), then a full-frame 50 Sears (don't laugh). Then Honda 350 twin street/trail, followed by a Honda 550 4cyl.
I'm on a Honda 750 Honda Shadow Aero now.
IMG_20200320_144546532_HDR.jpg

I’ve been surrounded by bikes all my life. Grandfather, Father and younger brother all rode, but never appealed to me until fairly late in life, passed first time at the tender age of 43 ☺️

In the short time I’ve been riding 11 years I’ve owned 5 bikes. Started with a Chinese Hoatian Vixen 125, which did the job for passing and the two year restricted. Soon moved to Suzuki 650 Bandit, Suzuki GSXF650 (a bandit in a dress), Triumph Sportster 835?, then back to a Suzuki GSXR 1250FA
87AC810A-3E28-40EB-BDAE-8DB5B4397228.jpeg

Wow , I thought there was few bikers on here but this has surprised me , great stuff guys and gal keep it coming all interesting to me.

Mark

So, reading through the posts in this thread, there can't be many below 40 here, I'm 57 and in Herefordshire. Roughly what are people's ages and rough locations, and current bikes only?

My days on two wheels are long behind me but......
62 years of age and a Fiat Panda twin air. Sounds like a cross between a lawnmower and my old (long gone) GS425

Cheers. Tom

I have been riding for most of the last 40 years. Had various mopeds, then...

125 Bantam.
Honda CB200
Honda 550x4 F1
Suzuki GS 500
Kawasaki ZX6 Ninja. (Given to my son)
Currently own a Kawasaki Z900.

Purchased the Ninja new. My son always wanted it so gave it him when I retired so we can go out together...

Attachments

• 20200525_120630.jpg
    20200525_120630.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 71
57, north Wales.

Biking for 41 years, since my Mum's Mobylette at 16! Long line of bikes: track bikes, sports bikes (mainly Italian) and enduros. Currently my Ducati Diavel is squeezed in amongst my home brew equipment...

Safe riding all acheers.
20200423_211650.jpg

Bought the Cub when 16yrs 1 month old in 67. I am nearly 69 now, so 43 edit 53 yrs coming up! (although I had a 20 yr sabbatical.)

Last edited:
I was late to the bikes but I started with an MT125 around the time I started brewing kits. I then did my full licence and purchased an XSR900 around the time I did my first all grain.
Coincidence?

Yeah, it's in mint condition, the OH did it up over lockdown. It's a US import so hasn't been subjected to rain/salt/frost thankfully!

Own a 1967 Triumph Super Cub (Bantam with a Tiger Cub engine shoe horned in) Had a ride on it yesterday. Paid £184 for it back then.
Plus a 1999 SV650, also from new. Have to say I cycle more miles than I ride them both but they cost me nearly nowt to put on the road so I use them as back up to the car.
Just remembered I bought a Sports Cub back in 1973 for £35 in addition to the other bikes I have owned in Post27 above. The main reason was because of the fuel crisis (anyone remember rationing) so I could get to work. Apart from the Bantam rear wheel I found someone had fitted, I quickly found out that it leaked oil, I suppose I should say what did I expect. Anyway bought half a Cub including an engine from a friend for £10 and swapped the engines over. However I didnt keep it for too long after that because I was told I couldn't ride it anymore as first child was on the way. So I sold it. I wonder what it would have been worth now?

Latest posts

Back