Billy Joe Saunders on hitting women.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He had already been fined £100,000 for bringing the sport into disrepute after releasing a video where he was filmed taunting a drug addict it seems he didn't learn his lesson - aheadbutt

BRITISH boxer Billy Joe Saunders filmed a sick video appearing to instruct men on how hit their partners during the coronavirus lockdown. The 30-year-old then offered a grovelling apology when the footage surfaced, having received a heavy backlash for the vile film.
Billy Joe Saunders is an English professional boxer.
He has held world championships in two weight classes, including the WBO super-middleweight title since May 2019, and previously the WBO middleweight title from 2015 to 2018.

Last edited:
He had already been fined £100,000 for bringing the sport into disrepute after releasing a video where he was filmed taunting a drug addict it seems he didn't learn his lesson - aheadbutt

BRITISH boxer Billy Joe Saunders filmed a sick video appearing to instruct men on how hit their partners during the coronavirus lockdown. The 30-year-old then offered a grovelling apology when the footage surfaced, having received a heavy backlash for the vile film.
Billy Joe Saunders is an English professional boxer.
He has held world championships in two weight classes, including the WBO super-middleweight title since May 2019, and previously the WBO middleweight title from 2015 to 2018.

What a sick *******. Excuse the language.

My daughter works in our local domestic abuse service. About 60% of cases are male on female abuse, but the rest are female on male abuse and tend to be more violent. But all you ever hear about are the male abusers.

My daughter works in our local domestic abuse service. About 60% of cases are male on female abuse, but the rest are female on male abuse and tend to be more violent. But all you ever hear about are the male abusers.

That may be the case but surely you cannot think this video was a good idea.

He says after the first punch she is reeling so you dip down and bang finish her off. (or words to that effect)

You dont need to be the same size, he has to sleep now and then
When I was in the Navy stationed in Japan one of my shipmates, married to a Japanese woman, came home drunk and responded to her complaints with a slap. Once he fell asleep she tied him down and took a frying pan to him: never laid another hand on her.

Thanks for sharing that video chippy, what can one say that is something I would never expect to see from a pro boxer.Though, we have seen cases of pro boxers being charged with assault on their partners. The boxing board should now come up with response to that video, as should the police, 'inciting violence against women'
I donate to a charity Australian Women Against Violence and the violence is going to escalate with frustrated spouses being out of work and taking it out on the weakest and closest to him.
Scomo is putting up 1.1 billion dollars preparing for family violence and mental health issues which they see escalating as an aftermath of this pandemic.
https://nationalwomensalliances.org...MIpbGR68LA6AIVBKyWCh0ESQx6EAAYAiAAEgIIg_D_BwENot asking for support for an Australian charity but you must have something similar in the UK,
every little bit helps.

When I was in the Navy stationed in Japan one of my shipmates, married to a Japanese woman, came home drunk and responded to her complaints with a slap. Once he fell asleep she tied him down and took a frying pan to him: never laid another hand on her.
My misses would do worse than that athumb..

The lad obviously isn't married to someone like my Mum!

"Giving the wife a slap" seemed to be the norm in the village where I was born and my Granny even gave this advice to my Dad when he was first married. (***)

Apparently, after my Dad came off nights one time, Mum upset him so much that he gave her a slap to keep her in line, just like his own Mum had advised; and then went to bed!

He was fast asleep when he felt Mum gently shaking his shoulder, knew that she had come to apologise and make up for upsetting him and turned over to give her a cuddle and a kiss. It was then that he saw Mum was holding the coal-axe (*) in both hands, was crying and talking at the same time. The message she wanted to deliver was short. "If you ever hit me again, you will never wake up the next time you go to sleep." she said brandishing the axe; and walked out of the room.

Telling me the tale many years later Dad said "I had no reason to disbelieve her at the time and I've had no reason to disbelieve her ever since!" and from that date onwards (as far as my father and I became aware) no-one in our family ever hit their wives without a severe reprisal. (**)

(*)

In a coal-mining village every house had a "coal-axe" which was used to chop up the big lumps of coal that were delivered from the mine. They were usually big, heavy, round-bladed axes!

(**)
The only exception to this family rule was cousin John. I visited and said to him "Got a cold or something?" because he was talking funny. "Uncle Ellis." he croaked.

Apparently, he had "given his wife a slap" to keep her in line and then gone to the pub and whilst he was there, Uncle Ellis had arrived at his home, listened to his wife's tale of woe and met John as he walked through the door on his way home from the pub.

The reason John was talking funny was that Ellis had picked him up by the throat and thrown him down a set of concrete stairs with the advice to not hit his wife again and as far as I am aware, he didn't!

(***)
Obviously, a slap was just that! No-one in their right mind would ever punch a woman because if you are any good at it (and most of my family were or are) then there is a good chance of doing a lady some considerable damage.

After the set-to with my Dad, this time unarmed, Mum went round to Granny's house and told her "If your so happy to give people a slap, don't send your son to do it, come outside and do it to me now!" Granny turned down her offer and again as far as I am aware, didn't offer the advice to any of her other children!

Happy Days!

Billy Joe Saunders has boxing licence suspended after domestic abuse 'advice' video

World champion Billy Joe Saunders has had his boxing licence suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control after he released a video advising men how to hit their female partners.

In the video, Saunders uses a punch bag to explain how to react if "your old woman is giving you mouth" and showing how to "hit her on the chin".

He later apologised, saying he would "never condone domestic violence".

His promoter Eddie Hearn said he is "appalled" by the "idiotic" video.

The chief executive of UK domestic abuse charity Refuge, Sandra Horley, said the video was "as dangerous as it is shocking".

The BBBofC said: "We have suspended his boxer's licence pending a hearing under the board's misconduct regulation, at a time and venue to be confirmed as soon as possible."

On Monday, WBO super-middleweight champion Saunders said he would donate £25,000 to domestic violence charities.

Speaking to Talksport on Monday, he said it was a "silly mistake" and he "obviously wasn't thinking".

Saunders added: "I didn't mean for anyone to get upset about it. There are people dying all around the world with coronavirus and I was just trying to take the heat off that a little bit.

"It clearly hasn't done, my sense of humour is not everyone's cup of tea."

Saunders said he has received death threats and has deleted his Twitter account.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52092520

Goodnight Billy Joe goodnight Eddie. :laugh8:

1585585562595.png

How true! There's something chilling about seeing the point of a steak-knife catch in the seam of your tweed-jacket and flex rather than keep going!

Whatever triggered my second wife's anger was so unpredictable that I don't think I ever felt safe when I opened the front door and came in from work. I even gave away the miner's lamp in the photograph because my second wife kept attacking me with it!

IMG_1685.jpg

It was returned after our divorce with the words "We've always known why you gave it away."

That was a humbling experience to go through 'cos, like many other men, I'd thought that no-one knew; and if they did they blamed me!

Not "Happy Days!" :( :(

Well its caved in for that lad I think he will be lucky to earn anymore money from fighting.
When I was first married my wife told me in a argument that if ever I hit her I had better sleep with one eye open as and I quote "cos I'll stab you" never wanted to test it as I looked at her eyes when she said it and she meant it😨

If memory serves me right the first laws against domestic beatings were brought in simply and only to prevent disturbing the neighbours with late night beatings.

I know at 63yrs i may be an old fart,But i have never ever once hit a woman,And for that matter not many men either.

i may be an old fart,But i have never ever once hit a woman

I have never hit SWMBO but i have been tempted in the past (she knows which buttons to press in an argument), if i ever did she would knock 10 shades out of me they don't fight fair. :laugh8:

It’s a shame as Billy Joe was a decent fighter but just couldn’t keep his gob shut, this country will crucify him now and even though what he did wasn’t right it’s far from the worst comment in the world (I’m not sticking up for him, domestic abuse is sickening)
It’s a handy scapegoat in these times of trouble, I watched a YouTube comedy last week from a rugby club and the opening line was “I took the wife out last week, one punch “ and everyone laughed, not saying it was right, in fact it was poor comedy but because BJS is in the public eye and an easy target it’s good night for him, Eddies got to trot out the party line even though they get on great.
Worst banter down the pub gets brushed off but he is daft enough to post it.
Shame

Latest posts

Back