Birds in my garden

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I know....
I forgot to put in a quote from a post above from @Tanglefoot about the first potatoes showing, and spring being on its way... D'oh!

A Crimson Rosella facinating how the parot family feed with their feet.

1620083666261.png

I've been taking part in the BTO (British Trust for Ornithology - Welcome to the British Trust for Ornithology | BTO - British Trust for Ornithology) garden birdwatch survey since the beginning of the first lockdown last year. It involves reporting weekly what bird species you've seen in the garden, and how many of each are there at any given time. It has got me really interested, and has significantly improved my bird recognition abilities. I regularly see between 15 and 18 different species in a week. The Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Jay, Nuthatch, and Ring Necked Parakeets are probably the most interesting of the regular visitors. I also spotted a Grey Wagtail, a Siskin and a Redwing a few weeks ago.
I managed to get some photos with my trail camera. They are not the best quality, but good enough for the purpose of identification:

Nuthatch.jpg

Siskin.jpg

Jay.jpg

Latest posts

Back