Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First sample of a 2 week old bitter with target and challenger still a bit hazy but very tasty
IMG_20190826_162559.jpg

You can't beat a nice bitter! In fact I have one lonely fox bat bitter left which I will drink later when I fire the BBQ up.
That looks a nice bitter by Foxbat I might try that soon. I have an ipa in the fv at mo took a gravity reading and tasted it lovely grapefruit tang debating wetherto dry hop with some more citra

I've got a ritchies simply bitter kit with enhancer ready. Just needs bottling. Transferred to this a week ago but not had time to do it. Was going to do it yesterday then fell ill with toothache!!. Looks a nice pint that Rod

Attachments

• 20190831_183225.jpg
    20190831_183225.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 157
I've got a ritchies simply bitter kit with enhancer ready. Just needs bottling. Transferred to this a week ago but not had time to do it. Was going to do it yesterday then fell ill with toothache!!. Looks a nice pint that Rod
Hi Andy hope your toothache is better soon I think the beer will be ok for a few more days, I think this will be a real good one going to leave 2 more weeks

Andy I hope toothache has eased! I am thinking of doing this same kit and also by just adding a kilo of enhancer so when you are up to it perhaps you would let me how the fermentation went and later on how it tastes.

Andy I hope toothache has eased! I am thinking of doing this same kit and also by just adding a kilo of enhancer so when you are up to it perhaps you would let me how the fermentation went and later on how it tastes.

Hi Mick. Sorry for the late reply. The fermentation went fine with the enhancer. The laugh about it I've been that busy with work I only ended up bottling it just now!. Nipped to my local homebrew shop for a Cooper's lager kit and asked him if it would be ok. He said as long as it's sealed and nothing Dodgy on top which luckily there was nothing, Also he said the problem was that the yeast may be inactive due to leaving it so long. So he recommended stirring in some sugary Syrup which I did to get it going again. Then bottled with half a teaspoon of sugar. Tried a sample and think everything is fine luckily! Hope yours tasted good

Hi Mick. Sorry for the late reply. The fermentation went fine with the enhancer. The laugh about it I've been that busy with work I only ended up bottling it just now!. Nipped to my local homebrew shop for a Cooper's lager kit and asked him if it would be ok. He said as long as it's sealed and nothing Dodgy on top which luckily there was nothing, Also he said the problem was that the yeast may be inactive due to leaving it so long. So he recommended stirring in some sugary Syrup which I did to get it going again. Then bottled with half a teaspoon of sugar. Tried a sample and think everything is fine luckily! Hope yours tasted good

Andy no problem and good to hear it is working out. I would be interested to hear about how yours fermented please. I started mine on 15th September with an OG of 1045. Today on 27th it is only down to 1014 but I have been away for a week and house cooler than normal. Just wondering what your FG was?

Back