BKT Corny starter kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyne_brewer

Regular.
Reaction score
I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Corny setup. For now this will be a Sodastream setup from BKT. As the Intertaps are out of stock it's the "deluxe party tap". Probably buy a post-mounted tap from AliExpress when my wallet has recovered from the shock. Having had one party tap (party **** more like) which died on first use has anyone had one of these kits & was it satisfactory? Initially looking at kegging the odd Neipa or American IPA. Also, is it worth spending the extra on a new key or go for a recon?

I bought their 2 keg kegerator kit a couple of months back. I tried the Sodastream cylinders initially, but fiund that one cylinder barely lasted a single keg of beer. Have now invested in a 3.1kg cylinder and that is much better. Keep a sodastream cylinder and the adapter for emergencies (i.e. when the big cylinder runs out and you've got a thirst on).

I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Corny setup. For now this will be a Sodastream setup from BKT. As the Intertaps are out of stock it's the "deluxe party tap". Probably buy a post-mounted tap from AliExpress when my wallet has recovered from the shock. Having had one party tap (party **** more like) which died on first use has anyone had one of these kits & was it satisfactory? Initially looking at kegging the odd Neipa or American IPA. Also, is it worth spending the extra on a new key or go for a recon?
BKT are excellent

I suggest that you email Jonny directly as their web site isn't always up to date

[email protected]

I have done this a couple of times, he is very helpful and comes up with the goods

Have never had a party tap but have not heard good things about them

If you are buying your keg from BKT their recon ones are very good quality - so no need to go for a new one. I think he does 3 grades of recon kegs

BKT are excellent. I’d be happy buying a recon keg from there.

Sodastream bottles won’t go far for carbonating beer, only dispensing it. I’ve not had any problems with party taps myself.

I bought the 2 corny kegerator kit from BKT a few weeks back. Opted for recon kegs , quality was great and customer service spot on .

Attachments

• 0B94D2A9-C2E6-4EB9-9637-1B218FC8C47C.jpeg
    0B94D2A9-C2E6-4EB9-9637-1B218FC8C47C.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 99B71F20-276D-4BEC-8133-C01E48D6E504.jpeg
    99B71F20-276D-4BEC-8133-C01E48D6E504.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 100
I bought two recon 9 litre kegs and a pluto gun tap from them. Excellent quality. Currently using soda stream to carb and serve and all going well. Bkt were great.

Glad I waited to order - the kit I wanted with 19L grade keg & flow control tap, this was out of stock pre Xmas :) Loving the free delivery too. My Two Hearted IPA clone will not be sleeping in plastic.

Now I just have to see if they start breeding...

Well my Corny journey has started. Everything hooked up with no issues, cleaned, sanitised and tested. Transferred my Bells 2 Hearted IPA under gravity from my Fermzilla using the collection pot-mounted post. Took it up to around 35psi and poured a cheeky test half.

That’s it. No more lager in bottles. No more flat beers. I’m a convert. My PBs will still get used for my ales but anything hoppy or needing high carb levels in in one of these tins!

I reckon I’ll be ordering one a month from BKT now 🍻

Bah! They are breeding already. Just ordered another two cornys from BKT. No I have to get some brewing done. O! woe is me 🤣 Flow control tap ordered from AliExpress. Let's see how many brews I get through before the tap arrives!

I wish mine would breed, it’d save me having to keep buying them. I’ve just ordered another two from BKT too. That’ll be eight! I’ve blamed the Mrs. She has had a Strawberry and Lime Cider taking up one of my kegs since last Summer and I had to order another two else I’d have to pay postage ordering just one 😬

I've also bought all my kegging gear from BKT . Very good quality used kegs and brilliant customer service.

I've also bought all my kegging gear from BKT . Very good quality used kegs and brilliant customer service.

got a single keg kit from BKT for my birthday last weekend. Bought a 2line manifold (with integral stopcheck valve) from them the same day I received. Great quality kit and will be looking to add a second keg pretty soon I think!

See a lot of you are buying the recon kegs.
Sadly I can't fit two in my fridge.. thinking about a third 10l though 🤷🏼‍♂️
PXL_20210130_090753807.jpg

Back