Black Country ales BFG copy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know of a similar kit (hopefully someone else does), and seeing as the brewery is a micro I doubt they'd be a kit for this beer anyway. However Micro's are fairly forth coming with info, more so than bigger breweries. So if I was you I'd email them, butter them up about how much you like that beer, and ask them what hops (and what proportions) they use. They may even give you the whole reciepe (I've known this to happen before when forumites have emailed breweries).
Then what I suggest you do is just get any golden ale kit and then dry hop and hop tea the kit with the appropriate hops. I see it say's citrusy flavours on the site so I'm guessing American C hops like cascade.

I'd also ask them what yeast they use. Many micro's use dry yeast like US-05 or S-04 as it's easy to handle. But they may not as I also notice it says 'fruity' on the description of the beer and this may come from the yeast

Back