Black Friday. [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As below

• A normal Friday for me.

• I will be hunting for a bargain online.

• I will visit a store and see what they have reduced.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Will you be changing your normal Friday shopping habits today, will you be hunting a bargain online or visiting a store (that is allowed to be open)

I always have a list of things I’m looking for and have a rough idea of what would be a good price for it.

This year I’ve already bought a Nintendo Switch for the kids Christmas (about £30 cheaper for the bundle than elsewhere), a bottle of whisky for my parents’ Christmas (£10 cheaper than elsewhere), my wife’s “everyday” perfume (half the price I paid for a smaller bottle on her birthday in March), and 2kg of coffee beans for £8 (they were el-cheapo ones but had still been between £13 and £18 for most of the year).

We are getting our garage converted in the new year and so I’m also on the lookout for a big Smart TV. I’ve been watching 3 or 4 models over the last few months and 2 of them are now on decent deals but not low enough to warrant sitting unopened in my spare room for the next 2-3 months.

I was quite annoyed with AliExpress - sending me constant emails and push notifications for a week telling me to add what I want to my basket for special BF discounts. I then discover that the “special” discount is £4 off a £50 spend, and for half the week one of the items (flow stopper to stop me over filling my kegs and flooding the garage) I wanted was out of stock - now it’s in stock and the Duotight fittings I wanted to go with the inline regulator are out of stock. If I’d ordered before BF week like I was going to everything would have been in stock and probably received by now!

Last edited:
Purchased a new printer early this morning at a rather nice discount to replace our 11 year old laser that is falling apart... vague relevance to homebrew is that I'm hoping it will print more vibrant colour for labels than our current one 😊 .
Anna

Having voted 'A normal Friday for me.', today I noticed that one of the manufacturers of narrow / wide chainrings were doing a black Friday sale, and I've been wanting a slightly higher geared one for ages for one of my bikes but was too tight to pay full price. So I ordered one. Best change my vote! :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back