Black Rock Oatmeal Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're very limited with the kits that are available. Try Coopers Stout though, it's bombproof, probably the most reliably good stout kit on the market. You can monkey about with it to make a good imperial stout too.
I’m rather fond of the Imperial Stout & would be interested in how you converted it please?

Cracked open another bottle last night and the bottle felt much firmer before opening and gave much more of a ‘whoosh’ as the CO2 escaped. This one had a much deeper flavour and held its head for some time. I am assuming it had more sugar in than the previous one so more secondary fermentation action took place.

Not giving up on this just yet... and by the way, that Imperial Stout recipe looks brilliant!

Mmmm... well this is turning in to an absolute winner for me... on holiday in the Lake District and having a few of these each night now. The flavour is much deeper and the head is lasting well. If only I’d brewed with the two cans like the recipe called for - maybe I will brew it again to this method!

Back