Blackberry wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
I've done a blackberry wine with real fruit started in bucket for 6 days then transfered into dj. But it doesn't seem to be bubbling anymore is this normal its been just over a week now

Was it bubbling in the bucket? Fermentation does tend to slow down after the initial first few days of more obvious activity, but it is probably still doing its thing.

Yes it was good in the bucket for 6 days but no activity at all now

Sounds fine to me. When I’ve transferred the wine to a demijohn I’ve only been able to see tiny bubbles if I’ve looked really closely and not always then.

Sounds fine to me. When I’ve transferred the wine to a demijohn I’ve only been able to see tiny bubbles if I’ve looked really closely and not always then.
Have you done blackberry wine before

I sure did lol
It should be fine then. Stick an airlock in the top of the DJ so you can see the activity if any. If there isn't any, apparent activity get a plastic drinking straw, sanitise it and suck some up to taste it. If it's dry it's fermented out, but if it's sweet then stick some wine yeast nutrient in there. Either way, it;s not ready for bottling for a while yet.
That's about as far as my wine-making expertise takes me. Others can probably help you more.

In fact I started making wine at the tender age of 16 and gave it up for beer, but this year I've got a few gallons on the go from natural ingredients. Don't know why as I only drink pints!

Yes I’ve done blackberry wine before, raspberry as well. I’ve tended to leave it around two months in the demijohn before bottling. I know that sounds a long time but it still seemed to be (slowly) fermenting.

It should be fine then. Stick an airlock in the top of the DJ so you can see the activity if any. If there isn't any, apparent activity get a plastic drinking straw, sanitise it and suck some up to taste it. If it's dry it's fermented out, but if it's sweet then stick some wine yeast nutrient in there. Either way, it;s not ready for bottling for a while yet.
That's about as far as my wine-making expertise takes me. Others can probably help you more.

In fact I started making wine at the tender age of 16 and gave it up for beer, but this year I've got a few gallons on the go from natural ingredients. Don't know why as I only drink pints!

Cheers thanks

Latest posts

Back