Blackpool and Morecambe promoted.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good weekend for the north west teams.

Dougall double earns Blackpool promotion! | Blackpool 2-1 Lincoln | EFL Play-Off Final Highlights

Morecambe lift the play off trophy - promoted to league 1 - FT - Morecambe 1-0 Newport

Good weekend for the north west teams.

Dougall double earns Blackpool promotion! | Blackpool 2-1 Lincoln | EFL Play-Off Final Highlights

Morecambe lift the play off trophy - promoted to league 1 - FT - Morecambe 1-0 Newport

Loving the not so subliminal messaging on the Morecambe clip.

It doesn't feel like 10 years ago.

The 2010–11 season was Blackpool F.C.'s debut season in the Premier League, after winning the 2009–10 Championship play-off Final in what was their 99th consecutive season in the Football League.

It doesn't feel like 10 years ago.

The 2010–11 season was Blackpool F.C.'s debut season in the Premier League, after winning the 2009–10 Championship play-off Final in what was their 99th consecutive season in the Football League.
We've been down to League Two since but not too far off a return to the Premier League now. Not this season but we took 4 points off Fulham and I recon we will push in again next season. New owner and a fantastic young manager.

It was a breath of fresh air when Blackpool were last in the PL i know Holloway wasn't everyone's cup of tea but i thought he was brilliant.

It was a breath of fresh air when Blackpool were last in the PL i know Holloway wasn't everyone's cup of tea but i thought he was brilliant.

Didn't they only last one season? Much like Cardiff, both times they have managed to get there.
I was at the playoff final when Blackpool beat Cardiff, it was a horrible day. Automatic promotion is much better.

I thought he was brilliant too!

Didn't they only last one season? Much like Cardiff, both times they have managed to get there.
I was at the playoff final when Blackpool beat Cardiff, it was a horrible day. Automatic promotion is much better.
Yeah sorry, I had a bloody marvelous day! It's one of those isn't it, jubilation or despair.

They may have only lasted one season but what a season local interest for me and I will be happy to see them return.

Most of Cardiff's time in the Premiership wasn't very enjoyable, but I'll never forget beating Man City at home at the beginning of the season on our first visit and beating Man United at Old Trafford at the end of the second season.

Out of interest what were your thoughts on Neil Harris as manager. I know he got you close to getting back there before being sacked after a poor start the following season.

Out of interest what were your thoughts on Neil Harris as manager. I know he got you close to getting back there before being sacked after a poor start the following season.
He wasn't very inspiring, despite getting to the play offs in his first season I don't think anyone thought Cardiff were good enough to go up. He didn't seem to have any ideas about what needed to be done to improve things.

Maybe that was a step to far then. Still a bit of a coup getting him at Gills. Thought he woukd well out of our range. And going back to original thread title may keep us up at Morecambe’s expense!

Maybe that was a step to far then. Still a bit of a coup getting him at Gills. Thought he woukd well out of our range. And going back to original thread title may keep us up at Morecambe’s expense!
I reckon Gillingham are well rid of that Evans fella! When Blackpool appointed Critchley 2 years ago I thought it was a gamble that may or may not pay off. No management experience and only ever coached youth, but worked at Liverpool for 7 years under Klopp. He's been a revelation. The game has changed and clubs need coaches that can handle the modern tactics and methods and the players coming out of academies, I think. And yet West Brom appoint Steve Bruce, Reading hope Paul Ince will save them and Bristol City seriously under perform with Pearson. Money for old rope.

At first evans wasnt well received but results changed that and in his first two years he was a good fit. We played very direct but attacking with a high press and it was good to watch. However year 3 his motivational style eventually took its toll.

You are right though, lots of young progressive managers out there and it’s good they get given the chance rather than the same old names doing the rounds!

I reckon Gillingham are well rid of that Evans fella! When Blackpool appointed Critchley 2 years ago I thought it was a gamble that may or may not pay off. No management experience and only ever coached youth, but worked at Liverpool for 7 years under Klopp. He's been a revelation. The game has changed and clubs need coaches that can handle the modern tactics and methods and the players coming out of academies, I think. And yet West Brom appoint Steve Bruce, Reading hope Paul Ince will save them and Bristol City seriously under perform with Pearson. Money for old rope.
Steve Morison is doing well at Cardiff. He was our under 23 coach before taking over from Mick McCarthy. The results were awful under McCarthy, we were heading straight to League 1. Under Morison the football immediately became much more enjoyable to watch and results are improving. While not yet mathematically safe it is almost certain that we are. Morison is using more of the young players from the under 23s and has brought in some good loan signings.
Next season will be interesting, the loaners will be gone and we have ten players out of contract.

Steve Morison is doing well at Cardiff. He was our under 23 coach before taking over from Mick McCarthy. The results were awful under McCarthy, we were heading straight to League 1. Under Morison the football immediately became much more enjoyable to watch and results are improving. While not yet mathematically safe it is almost certain that we are. Morison is using more of the young players from the under 23s and has brought in some good loan signings.
Next season will be interesting, the loaners will be gone and we have ten players out of contract.
Ryan Wintle wasn't good enough for Mick McCarthy but was great for us and seems to be doing well for you now. The world has moved on I think.

Ryan Wintle wasn't good enough for Mick McCarthy but was great for us and seems to be doing well for you now. The world has moved on I think.
Yes, he was strange how he was signed and then sent out on loan almost straight away. He's started virtually every game since he came back.

Back