Blind beer tasting videos

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svenito

Regular.
Reaction score
A friend and myself started a YouTube channel where we take turns selecting a beer and letting the other taste it without knowing what it is. Not sure which forum would be suitable, so I thought the snug would be ok

Anyway, here's the link to our latest video. Feedback and comments appreciated

Its a great camera your using though it briefly goes out of focus for no reason. For a blind taste test I suggest you serve in a pewter or other opaque glass and don't let them know if it came from a can, bottle or whatever. In my opinion only it was a bit long for 1 beer maybe compare 3 similar beers in a similar time would make it more interesting to watch. If you want a suggestion try comparing St Austell proper job (my favourite supermarket beer) with more expensive IPAs in a blind taste test.

Thanks for your suggestions. We did one where we had the drink pre-poured and some people said it would be better to pour on camera, but there's no reason we can't change it up at times.
The idea of comparing a generic beer with more expensive beers of the same variety is a nice idea, certainly will give that a try in the future. We'll also work on the optimal length and content, as we still need to iron out a decent format.

Cheers!

After thinking on it a bit more I think the comparison is almost an essential element to make it more interesting otherwise its just a beer review and you don't really review it in depth enough for a beer review. Good luck with it, are you aiming to do anything in particular or is this all just for fun? Another thing you could try is blind testing home brew versus brands.

It's really just a bit of fun and seeing where it takes us really.
The homebrew idea is a good one too, I am sure I can bring one of mine into the mix at some point.

Thanks for your comments though :)

Back