Blockages

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have brewfather Lisa and i agree it is very good my first brew was a Gash recipe for bitter and was spot on, second brew i was a litre short and 2 points over og, you can check Gash out on the homebrew network on you tube he has been brewing years and is very good

Yes I do watch his channel he’s taught me some stuff. Once you get over the bumbling it’s fine lol 😆

Actually if you've got a bit of silicone hose that is a reasonably good fit into the hole, you could probably just use a slightly longer piece of it and stretch the other end over that 10mm barb you've got?

Will have a look when I get home but I don’t think I have anything suitable. If not I’ll buy an 8mm one. I hope it’s not too small lol

All bolts on the metric system have a size so and i say so m10 is 10 mm i could be wrong, and not everyone thinks like an engineer including me
Bang on the money
BCFDA567-6BDF-4302-BC03-A9AEF2DF1263.jpeg

So are you saying I have the right size after all?
Heh - I was letting @Rodcx500z know he was right about ‘m10’
An m10 barb will fit into a 10mm hose because the hose is stretchy… I don’t think it would fit into a 10mm stainless steel hole (not in a way that it would come out again :-) ). No, I think you need an 8mm barb with a bit of hose stretched over it - although you’ll understand I’m flying blind here Lisa

Lisa engineering is a nightmare even to me i had bikes all my life, the bike in my avatar i touched every nut bolt on that bike even the engine i striped it down to the bare cases and re built it with a lot of help from my mate who was an aircraft engineer and worked on the A380, it's a nightmare to ordinary people like us but you will get there in the end, i did get one over on my mate he had just rebuilt an engine a 500 v twin he asked to come over to put it back in the bike, while he was making a brew i thought for no other reason to turn it over i put a spanner on the on the camshaft nut and turned half a turn and clunk it lock up solid, it turned out he had put the pistons in wrong left in right bore and vice versa he was very thankful, hang in there Lisa you will get there

You need something like this in m10 threadhttps://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/metric-male-thread-equal-connector/?gclid=CjwKCAjw3_KIBhA2EiwAaAAlikGSXc5IieJ7Rj12aDqGDg0SMsz8sj7JXWFdseK2BQ_mPgFl8SmUExoCOREQAvD_BwE
one end into your T the other screws into your pump outlet

I have a guten ( similar but different ) and it just has a hole flush with the bottom of the kettle which is slightly greater diameter. No nut holding a bulkhead fitting which I assume goes down to the pump on the brewzilla. Might find that the nut can be taken off and that the T piece would fit on as a replacement for the nut and no need for the barb at all.
You could just use an elbow instead of the T and then put a bazooka filter on the end of the coil and lay it round the bottom as well. The elbow certainly screws directly onto the inside thread remaining on the tap and that's how I made my whirlpool fitting.

Back