Blogging while furloughed and locked down

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your wondering whether the Butty Bach yeast is the primary strain in the bottle, I think it is. Have a look at this thread

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/ag-9-wye-valley-hpa-clone.58336/

Aye, it was the posts on here, and the fact its available in my local Coop, that made me give it a go. But it's sooooooo flocculant I wonder if they have changed it recently? I guess I will know more after this step up, as with the amount of yeast I am starting with I'm hoping to see some kind of krausan on this step up.

Aye, it was the posts on here, and the fact its available in my local Coop, that made me give it a go. But it's sooooooo flocculant I wonder if they have changed it recently? I guess I will know more after this step up, as with the amount of yeast I am starting with I'm hoping to see some kind of krausan on this step up.
Drop them an email and ask? They're a small brewery and may well tell you. Nothing to lose either way. If it turns out to be a mega flocculent killer strain used for bottling then best to find out before it gets into your system.

Could do. It's probably daft, but I sort of feel bad bothering people at the moment, with it being tough times for brewers. If it's a bottling strain, its unlikely to be anything other than CBC-1, I suspect. To be honest, I've got weeks of this, so I might as well dive head long into another calamity. :beer1:

Latest posts

Back