Blow Job !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Lost my virginity today !
Came home and my airlock had blown for the very first time since been doing AG and I had a puddle of mess sitting on top of FV !

Cleaned up and replaced airlock and gave everything a good sanitiser spray !

If Mr Hughes recipes are lively like this now see the merits of the blow tube ... which I will deploy next brew !!

Wyeast 1010 - hello there !!

Even using a 1.5 litre bottle some brews seem to want to go walkabout!

Here's one that decided to leave the FV ...

Blow Off.jpg

... and that's after I cleaned up the mess that it spread over the work-surface!

To keep the fermentation under a modicum of control, I generally start off my brews at the lowest temperature rated for the yeast. If it behaves, then I wind up the temperature by a degree every 24 hours until it's where I want it to be.

Mine did that this week too! First AG brew, high OG, way more active that the last kit brew.

For me no rhyme nor reason to wort climbing out of the FV other than you can guarantee that it will be as good as gold if you've gone with blow off and will go mental if you've not, especially if you've gone away for a week so you are not actually around to clean up.

Back