Blow out tube

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noshadow

Reaction score
I've rigged a blow out tube on a kit I'm brewing, the tube is going into a wine bottle with a little Chemsan in the bottom. Overnight some krausen come through the tube and into the bottle. There's still plenty of airspace left in the bottle and the krausen seems to have calmed down so I don't think there's any risk of it overflowing.

Is it necessary to change out the Chemsan for clean stuff? My thoughts are that it should be fine as is because the CO2 in the tube is still keeping anything from going back into the FV

I've rigged a blow out tube on a kit I'm brewing, the tube is going into a wine bottle with a little Chemsan in the bottom. Overnight some krausen come through the tube and into the bottle. There's still plenty of airspace left in the bottle and the krausen seems to have calmed down so I don't think there's any risk of it overflowing.

Is it necessary to change out the Chemsan for clean stuff? My thoughts are that it should be fine as is because the CO2 in the tube is still keeping anything from going back into the FV
It’s fine just make sure the liquid doesn't evaporate and keep around 2 to 3" of liquid in the bottle.

Perfect. I'll just leave it as it is and keep an eye to make sure it doesn't evaporate too much

Latest posts

Back