Blueberry wine.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin

Reaction score
Just bottled a batch of Blueberry wine and already its one of the best i have made yet, even before maturing.
1.5 kg blueberry's .
1kg sugar.
3ltr water
pectolase.
yeast nutrient.
champagne yeast.

Crush berry's with potato masher. Add water, sugar. pectolase and yeast nutrient.
leave for 24 hrs. add yeast and leave again for 1 week.
Strain through muslin bag and put in demijohn .
rack of a couple of times and bottle when fermentation finished.
Bottle.

maturating
Rhubarb.
Brussels sprouts
pineapple.
Sloe.
WOW Apple and grape juice

Making.
Redcurrant.
Strawberry.
Gooseberry.

Where do you buy your berries to make this or do you grow your own?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my berry's fresh from Lidl but you can get them in most UK supermarkets at the moment. You can also use frozen berry's.

Just bottled a batch of Blueberry wine and already its one of the best i have made yet, even before maturing.
1.5 kg blueberry's .
1kg sugar.
3ltr water
pectolase.
yeast nutrient.
champagne yeast.

Crush berry's with potato masher. Add water, sugar. pectolase and yeast nutrient.
leave for 24 hrs. add yeast and leave again for 1 week.
Strain through muslin bag and put in demijohn .
rack of a couple of times and bottle when fermentation finished.
Bottle.

maturating
Rhubarb.
Brussels sprouts
pineapple.
Sloe.
WOW Apple and grape juice

Making.
Redcurrant.
Strawberry.
Gooseberry.

Picking up on this (I know it's a little old as a post), having got 1.5kg of reduced fresh blueberries; do they need standing with a campden tablet for 24hours before making the batch, to kill any nasties?

From what I've read recently about making fruit wines, most recipes use a campden tablet before adding the yeast. I would say it would do it no harm!

On the other hand, I saw a plum wine recipe that left the pulp mix for a week then carefully removed the mold before continuing as normal... I don't fancy trying that recipe myself

I saw that one too about removing the mold crust. Then again I didn't want to try kombucha because it had fungus sitting on it, but I am ok with wine yeast:confused.:.

Just about to try a red grape with blueberry, and looking for a recipe regarding total sugars.

Latest posts

Back