Boel iTap troubleshooting

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Morning iTap users.

Had a first go with my new iTap yesterday and have to say I was disappointed with the amount of foaming. Most online reviews/ experiences on here suggest the product works very well.

So far I have tried using same gas supply for both the CO2 on the tap and the keg and also turning dispense pressure right down.

Any suggestions? Did anyone else have foaming issues - how did you solve them?

Cheers

SouthDowns

Reaction score
There are a lot of good videos on you tube on how to set up and use.

I have never had any foaming issues with the itap and find it works really well. In my set up, Co2 is at my carbonation/serving pressure (15 psi). I am running 3/16 line from my keg to the itap rather than the suggested. Once I have purged my bottle with Co2 and pressurised I start my fill. At this point the pressure release is closed. Gradually and slowly open that when fill starts to slow. You should be able to fill with zero foaming in this way.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I have been opening the pressure release too impatiently. Gonna give it some more trial and error later.

SouthDowns

Reaction score
Keep the pressure released close when you start the the fill. You will only need to open a tiny fraction.

SouthDowns

Reaction score
My kegerator is set at 11C so i would assume this is also my beer temp.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Great I'm at 12c also have good length of 3/16 line so will give it another go and report back later.

Latest posts