Bored of NEIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest advantage I've found of smaller batches is the opportunity to try out different brews, as brewing itself is a big part of the fun.
The front of my 'brew book' contains a list of 'go to' brews.
'House' - Bitter - Pale Ale - and their variations.
The list does get added to, but not very often. I've found a number of tried and tested over the years and enjoy them. I enjoy trying new stuff, but like everyone else, I like what I like. In fact I'm going to brew a Coniston Bluebird from my list next (haven't done that for a while) then for novelty a first Wit beer!

I have never drunk one, they may be fantastic but all the hype just turns me off ever trying one unless anyone can convince me of what I am missing.
I have drunk plenty and I am sick of cloudy and sweet beers too. I tend to stick to west coast style IPAs. Very rarely touch a NEIPA these days, not bitter enough for me.

Beers do seem to go through phases, I do like NEIPA, but last week I had a really good West Coast IPA, and it was such a nice change. I’ve no doubt that in a year or to NEIPAs will settle down and a new style will take their place, they can be great but a lot of them seem to be brewers jumping on the bandwagon producing not terrible beers, but certainly mediocre ones and when you want to charge £5+ for a can mediocrity is not acceptable.

Beers do seem to go through phases, I do like NEIPA, but last week I had a really good West Coast IPA, and it was such a nice change. I’ve no doubt that in a year or to NEIPAs will settle down and a new style will take their place, they can be great but a lot of them seem to be brewers jumping on the bandwagon producing not terrible beers, but certainly mediocre ones and when you want to charge £5+ for a can mediocrity is not acceptable.

I agree with your second point, but there is absolutely no sign of them going away. Still showing strong growth and they have been around for years now.

I agree with your second point, but there is absolutely no sign of them going away. Still showing strong growth and they have been around for years now.
I can honestly say I don’t want them to go away, more that beer fashions change for a while it seemed everything was IPA we still have them but they have become just another style.

Back