Boris Johnson No confidence vote

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe now they cannot challenge h again for at least 12 months they blew it.

The current rules say he can't be challenged for 12 months, but it's so easy to change the rules that it's not a real obstacle.

Betting markets suggest a ~20% chance of him not being leader by the conference in September, the obvious time to kick him out would be after the investigation into lying to Parliament in ?October.

Labour must be praying he stays.

Utter rubbish to say there's nobody to take his place. That's a load of spin, put about by his sychophant cabinet mates. There are plenty on that side of the House who could do the job infinitely better than the Clown.
If "replacing" means finding another clown there's a few there who could give us a laugh for our money and continue to make the UK a laughing stock.

He won the no confidence vote but it is claimed that the winning margin was less than expected. Why did those who wanted to oust him bring the no confidence vote in the first place if that's the best they could hope for?

He won the no confidence vote but it is claimed that the winning margin was less than expected. Why did those who wanted to oust him bring the no confidence vote in the first place if that's the best they could hope for?
From what I have heard/read, the 'rebels' were not one particular group (unlike the hard Brexiters who ousted Theresa May), but a diverse group across the conservative party who have come to the same conclusion (Johnson unfit to be PM) for different reasons.

I'd imagine Johnson will stumble on until the by-elections while trying to implement populist laws in an attempt to shore up support.

Doesn't the reciept of sufficient letters to the 1922 committee automatically trigger a vote?
If not then the vote may have been bought in quickly by Johnsons allies in the 1922 committee before the rot set in too deep so that Johnson could hide behind the years protection that winning the vote provides.

the vote may have been bought in quickly by Johnsons allies in the 1922 committee before the rot set in too deep so that Johnson could hide behind the years protection that winning the vote provides.
I think you are spot on here @Eskimo John .

Some of Theresa May's advisors suggested the same (she didn't do this).

Utter rubbish to say there's nobody to take his place. That's a load of spin, put about by his sychophant cabinet mates. There are plenty on that side of the House who could do the job infinitely better than the Clown.

If that is the case why did he win?

Because far too many Tory MPs have publicly nailed their colours to his mast and know that when his career is over so is theirs.
I think so too, to a certain extent, but they must also realise that their chances of being reelected in their consituency at the next general election would be better if they had a competent leader. Or does short-termism rule to such a great extent nowadays?

If that is the case why did he win?
75% of MPs not directly on his payroll or depending on him for their careers voted against him (as tweeted by Rory Stewart).

Screenshot (47).png

I think so too, to a certain extent, but they must also realise that their chances of being reelected in their consituency at the next general election would be better if they had a competent leader. Or does short-termism rule to such a great extent nowadays?
I think it must do. That or some sort of collective delusional thinking that the public have the memory of a goldfish. I say this as I just can't understand how Johnson and his cronies expect to get away with the lies and deceptions we have seen over the period of this Tory government.

I think it must do. That or some sort of collective delusional thinking that the public have the memory of a goldfish. I say this as I just can't understand how Johnson and his cronies expect to get away with the lies and deceptions we have seen over the period of this Tory government.
Its the same with every government since the beginning of time. The idea of being in power is to do anything possible to stay there, by all means available, regardless of what those means are. You only have to look at the weak lilly livered MPs dancing to any tune in order to remain elected, and steadfastly refusing to ACTUALLY speak their mind. If I were you I wouldn't get worked up over it - your wasting energy

Back