Born again brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine.
Unfortunately for me it means a physical check, which involves walking in front of whatever tripe she happens to be watching on the TV. And bearing in mind I'm currently like a kid with a new watch.......;)

Your inkbird is a versatile piece of kit and a very reliable one at that so don't worry about temperature swings unless your heater is faulty or the power has cut out. Relax
It's not so much the worry, more the fascination of watching the thing do its stuff. This is still a new toy!
What would be really useful though, would be a wifi hydrometer - does such a beastie exist?

Yes it's called the TILT hydrometer.
Wow!
That would be really useful. With the integrated thermometer, it should be straightforward to calculate an offset for the InkBird if required. You did warn me it would be a black hole - I wonder if Santa wold be so generous!

Forgot to mention that I spent the majority of my working life in analysis, hence data (especially live data) and tech are almost vital to my existence!

I have a Tilt and I love it, but I'd likely go down the iSpindel route, for no other reason than they're cheaper.

Look up thegreatgunbantoad on eBay, he's a member of another forum I frequent (David Heath Facebook group) and he gets good feedback.

I have a Tilt and I love it, but I'd likely go down the iSpindel route, for no other reason than they're cheaper.

Look up thegreatgunbantoad on eBay, he's a member of another forum I frequent (David Heath Facebook group) and he gets good feedback.
Excellent - rather more in keeping with my budget.
Doesn't seem to be selling any at the moment, but looks like others are, albeit more expensive.

Thanks, St00

Welcome Merkin

I did much the same as you starting late 70s and getting as heady as 3 Pub Barrels and sparkler tap dispenser before selling them.

I returned recently and like fishing (which I stopped doing for 7 years) the whole equipment and a lot of new terminology greeted me so at the moment am felling my way again but sticking to "safe" ground with 4 x PBs and 2 x FVs its going well

Best thing you have noticed is I came on this Forum and have nothing but praise for it - and get lots of great responses to what for some must be mundane questions

I will study the Inkbird with interest because I think it would be beneficial to have controllable temps

Cheers Wp

Welcome Merkin

I did much the same as you starting late 70s and getting as heady as 3 Pub Barrels and sparkler tap dispenser before selling them.

I returned recently and like fishing (which I stopped doing for 7 years) the whole equipment and a lot of new terminology greeted me so at the moment am felling my way again but sticking to "safe" ground with 4 x PBs and 2 x FVs its going well

Best thing you have noticed is I came on this Forum and have nothing but praise for it - and get lots of great responses to what for some must be mundane questions

I will study the Inkbird with interest because I think it would be beneficial to have controllable temps

Cheers Wp
Hi Wherryp

Amazing how something like brewing, in essence so simple, can move on so quickly with a bit of tech.
Unfortunately I'm a bit limited for space now, so just have the one brew fridge which will be pretty much going full time. Early days for me this second time round, but I can already see me running out of capacity - yet another good reason to build a new playroom at the bottom of my garden!

In my previous brewing life, I had a cold cellar, so the only challenge was heating the brew. The brew fridge this time round with the InkBird puts things under much more control, regardless of the ambient temperature. Besides which, Mrs Merkin is so much happier with a shiny new fridge in the utility room rather than a bubbling bucket of brown stuff.

It's only the InkBird which has made my return to the hobby feasible - a very worthwhile investment.

Good to hear from you - stay safe!

Latest posts

Back