Bottle art - I want to see your best homemade labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a bit of the "Keep It Stupid Simple", I normally try to get some inspiration, then work out something in black and white.
Label.png

This is part of the Citadel of Namur, built by Henry the Blind, who also gave consent to build the abbey of Leffe
Label.png

"Clear beer against thirst", but it is actually in the West-Flemish dialect, which differs a bit from general Dutch
Label-bitter.png

After brewing this, I discovered, after I added extra sugar, that somehow my initial OG was correct, and that I shouldn't have added the sugar
Stbernard.png

And this one was brewed with St.-Bernardus yeast

Last edited:
I am a bit of the "Keep It Stupid Simple", I normally try to get some inspiration, then work out something in black and white.
View attachment 27380
This is part of the Citadel of Namur, built by Henry the Blind, who also gave consent to build the abbey of Leffe
View attachment 27381
"Clear beer against thirst", but it is actually in the West-Flemish dialect, which differs a bit from general Dutch
View attachment 27382
After brewing this, I discovered, after I added extra sugar, that somehow my initial OG was correct, and that I shouldn't have added the sugar
View attachment 27383
And this one was brewed with St.-Bernardus yeast
@chthon , these are great! I like the simplicity, I may have to steal one for inspiration for a planned brew. They look very authentic and genuine.

Thought I'd chip in with a few of my past brew labels

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0840.jpg
    IMG_0840.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4513.jpg
    IMG_4513.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5251.jpg
    IMG_5251.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5300.jpg
    IMG_5300.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5556.jpg
    IMG_5556.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 117
First attempt on designing a label. Do you think I need to add more information? Hop, brew date,.. or keep it simple? Thanks for the feedback.
Bourbon scotch ale.jpg

First attempt on designing a label. Do you think I need to add more information? Hop, brew date,.. or keep it simple? Thanks for the feedback.
View attachment 27407

I really like it, the eyes are straight up haunting haha. I like the grain background, you don't recognise it at first.

Bottles have got to be labelled, but haven't got the time and patience to go from scratch so I rip off the label of the beer I'm copying from Google images, add the abv and bottling data. Job done. Perhaps in the winter, I'll get down to something original. Really impressed with what I've seen above. It's a shame to open the bottle of some of them.
1591865969203.png

One on the left for 75cl bottles, on the right the 33s.

Last edited:
my labels are pretty “also ran” :coat:
I am a bit of the "Keep It Stupid Simple"
... well if simple, also-ran labels are allowed, this is one of mine ...

label.jpg

... made as an MSWord table, I get 24 printed onto an A4 sheet ...
labels.jpg
... and cut them into individual labels down the "tramlines" with a guillotine.

Erm ... :coat::coat:

Cheers, PhilB

... ... well if simple, also-ran labels are allowed, this is one of mine ...

View attachment 27412

View attachment 27413

Cheers, PhilB
Does what it says on the tin, nothing wrong with that. The bearded hamsters call that "minimalist" ;)

... ... well if simple, also-ran labels are allowed, this is one of mine ...

View attachment 27412

View attachment 27413

Cheers, PhilB
Really like the simplicity here. Might adapt a similar approach and keep the graphic labels just for the fancy stuff

View attachment 27309

View attachment 27311
Here's a few of mine. I designed them for Xmas presents last year. I did the designs on Photoshop, printed from a website on fairly thick paper and stuck them on with milk.

I don't really bother any more because I keg most of my stuff, been considering it recently though bad I want to send a few bottles out when I get to a post office.
Good luck with the Post Office, the last bottle I sent (500ml) cost £3 postage

Here's my tuppence worth - all quite simple! Left to right - Hibiscus Mead, Sauvignon Blanc Clone (named by my wife as she really really liked it!), JAOM done in the BOMM style and Dark Fruits Mead.

I use an app called 'Spark Post' on my android phone, save the image and use Microsoft Word Labels to print to Avery '6 label' sheets. The app's pretty easy to use and you can upload photos to use on your design.

Devil's Poison.png
Wine-derful.png
Wine-Derful.jpg

Orange-a-Tang.png
The Dark Side.png

I'll post a few of mine later.

The club find it useful if we include: brew date, OG, bottle date, FG, bjcp category/style.

Bad puns are welcomed, but not essential.

In our swaps the best labels get special mention. MIne never have!

Latest posts

Back