Bottle brite

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francis Wildman

Reaction score
Greetings fellow **** heads :cheers3:

Just a quick one about bottling brite ales. Im brewing from a kit in a primary fermenter, dry hopping, then secondary fermenting in a pressure barrel. If I was to then fine it post ferment, would I lose all pressure and fizz in the process and have to re pressurise with cartridges? Is there even enough pressure in those things to do that? And would that be enough bubble to hold the fizz acrossacros a bottle? Or is that all just a massive faff and I might as well bottle condition, cold crash pre opening, and deal with the sediment?

Any suggestions/help/tips would be great

1. use a sticky yeast like Gervin or SO4.
2. after bottling and keeping it warm to get some fizz, condition it somewhere cold.

All the yeast will stick to the bottom of pressure barrel or bottle and in the latter case you'll be able to pour out virtually every drop of clear bright beer and the sediment will stay well stuck to the bottom.

I suggest you do this.....
1. Primary fermentation in FV
2. Dry hop
3. Crash cool then transfer to PB.
4. Add finings (if you really really must, most beers have usually cleared by themselves at the end of the conditioning period so in my view adding finings is unnecessary)
5. Prime PB.
6. Allow beer to carb up in the warm
7. Allow a period in a cool place to condition.
8. Start to drink. Top up with cartridges or reprime when pressure drops.
PBs are good for lower carb beers like ales and stouts, but since they have a pressure limit are not best suited to hold high carb beers like lagers and AIPAs so they are best packaged into bottles.

Latest posts

Back