Bottle conditioning/maturation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocker Wright

Reaction score
So I was thinking of getting a Christmas brew on in time for, well, Christmas. I've always wanted to try a brewferm kit but they apparently take a long time to condition and wouldn't be ready. So, whats going on here? Why do they take longer to mature etc compared to other beers? Is it the strength, ingredients or both? What's different? I'm assuming all beer will go through the same processes though. Cheers.

Think I've just read it on here but can't find the thread now. One of them takes a year... I knew they took longer than normal I just wondered why.

Alcohol strength needs maturation and the larger beers can have several different types of grains which need time to time to blend together to give a smoother drinking beer as a general guide

Many many years ago I decided to brew some super strength barley wine at approx 12% using wine yeast. After a month in the airing cupboard in 2 litre PET bottles I decided to try one. It tasted so fowl, I instantly poured the lot down the sink.

18 months later I discovered 1 last bottle hiding behind the hot water cylinder, I decided to give it a taste before pouring it down the sink. Those last 2 litres proved to be one of the finest beers I have ever tasted, and I had to live with the stupidity of pouring 20 litres of it down the sink.

Latest posts

Back