Bottle Conditioning & Storage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_S

Reaction score
During the last two weeks I have packaged off three cider brews in lots of amber pet bottles 500ml, I mostly use corny kegs, but these were for my daughters to sample.

They are approaching the recommended 14 days in warm conditions. My question relates to how long can they be stored like this, as cold storage is very limited, over a 100 bottles 😜

They have firmed up really well and cleared perfectly. Can I leave them in this state and then transfer the bottles to cold storage as and when required?

I think they'll be fine if kept in the dark. If they get too warm the bottles might burst so bund them or store where the mess will do no damage. I just drunk some beers that have been in the garden shed since August and they were brilliant. If they are clear already you really only need to chill them for drinking.

I think they'll be fine if kept in the dark. If they get too warm the bottles might burst so bund them or store where the mess will do no damage. I just drunk some beers that have been in the garden shed since August and they were brilliant. If they are clear already you really only need to chill them for drinking.

Should not really over carb, reduced the sugar as the girls like a less fizzy cider, and they are back in the original box so dark and cosy

I've recently force-carbed a cider made just with Tesco 100% apple juice. It's a dry cider but still fruity!

A shed or garage floor works...it acts as a heat sink. There's a huge difference between the ones on the shelf and the ones on the floor in my shed.

A shed or garage floor works...it acts as a heat sink. There's a huge difference between the ones on the shelf and the ones on the floor in my shed.
Unfortunately my shed is wooden, so retains quite a high temp.

As long as extended time at room temp and in darkness won’t affect the quality, the spare bedroom will have to suffice until ready for chilling and swigging

Latest posts

Back