Bottle Filler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to see what are the thoughts on bottle fillers .
At present i either bottle from FV with drops or i just fill bottles from my tap , which is easier but obviously they do not keep.
So which is the best value bottle filler and easiest to use and clean ?
1 Cheap Aliexpress Blichmann copy
2 Blichmann beer gun 2
3 Tapcooler
4 Cheap Aliexpress counter pressure filler.
Or are there any other suggestions .

Thanks in advance

I don't do many bottles, as I mainly keg, but when I want to share a bottle, I pour from the corny into a 500ml fizzy water bottle and then use the carbonation cap to add a few psi and then put back into the fridge. A couple of hours later I take off the carb cap and replace with the plastic lid. Keeps and travels well, but isn't a good system for doing more than the odd one or 2.

Thanks guys for the replies .
I intend to keg most from now on so will carry on bottling from the tap as most bittles are drunk fairly soon after being bottled
Having look at the various options some seem a bit of work ie setting up and cleaning for a few bottles.
The tapcooler looks the best option but also expensive so may in the future buy one but hopefully one may come up for sale here for less.

Google "Poor Man's Beer Gun", if fact here's the YouTube link to save you the effort:

About to cobble together something similar myself for taking the odd beer or two out and about.

The Boel itap looks a really nice bit of kit for bottling from keg, with a few advantages over other systems. Expensive mind, but plenty of videos about it.

Yes looks very good but yes expensive.
If i do go for one I think because i only do bottles for family and friends it will be the tapcooler . It looks good from the ease of setup and cleaning ,though dont like that to make it work for me i would need addons in other words its not a complete kit.

Having looked again at the tapcooler last night it actually works out the same price as the itap when you add on what i would need to use with my kegerator.
Think i may go either a cheap beer gun or a cheap counter pressure filler in the future .

Latest posts

Back