Bottle Labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormUK

Reaction score
Just wondering, do any of you put labels on your bottles? If so, what are my best options please? DIY or any recommendations? TIA

I use beerlabelizer.com there are some free designs or you can subscribe (for not a lot) to unlock all of the designs. Personally I print them on A4 self-adhesive sticky paper and then guillotine them and stick on but they ar ethe difficult to remove. Alternative is to print on normal printer paper and stick on with very light film of milk which is v effective and doesnt smell.

Here is a sample of some I included in a care package for my father in law at start of lockdown.

Care PAckage.jpg

^ Ditto with pretty much everything in @Horners reply. I use the milk option. I spray a little Plastikote Clear Super over the ink side first.

Just wondering, do any of you put labels on your bottles? If so, what are my best options please? DIY or any recommendations? TIA

I've never bothered, I just use and reuse bottles till the original label falls off :)

A friend of mine however uses labeley.com, he seems to think it's ok for a free app.

print on normal paper and stick with milk (sounds interesting) may be a winner. At work now with an amazing laser printer just waiting to be abused ha ha ha

print on normal paper and stick with milk (sounds interesting) may be a winner. At work now with an amazing laser printer just waiting to be abused ha ha ha
The laser printer option is probably your best bet as the ink doesn't run.

With the milk, put a small amount in a takeaway tub and skim the label on the top of it before applying to the bottle. They stick perfectly and wash off under the tap when you need to reuse the bottles

thanks for the replies gents. 200 labels now printed off at work ready to go ha ha

Back