Bottling carbonated beer from pressure barrel.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1959

Reaction score
I don't have a beer fridge or a garage so I can't chill my beer, my "beer corner" is a pretty constant 21c, so I get to drink warm beer..yuk

It's already fermented and in a pressure barrel and pressurised with c02 cartridges, what I want to do is draw off 5 or 6 bottles each week and stick them in the fridge so I can drink them.

Should I use carbonation drops/sugar in the pressure barrel? or just the bottles as I draw it off?

The beer, well in this case Mexican Cerveva will be drunk within a week of being put in the bottles.

Ooh here's a tip, 3 inch barrel caps like I have, if you can't find a spanner, use an oil filter wrench to get the cap to fully seal.

Last edited:
I do that. Let a bit of foam overflow from each bottle and this will purge any air. No need to prime again unless you think it's a bit flat. Have you considered mini kegs? A wo-litre keg with CO2 regulator and beer tap is wonderful and fits in any fridge.

Last edited:
I do this. Let a bit of foam overflow from each bottle and this will purge any air. No need to prime again unless you think it's a bit flat. Have you considered mini kegs? A wo-litre keg with CO2 regulator and beer tap is wonderful and fits in any fridge.

I have one of these

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HKQGQ9F

The 5L kegs fit in my fridge, but a couple of friends want a few bottles of my beer which is why I am thinking of bottling from either my pressure barrel or my kegs

Latest posts

Back