Bottling From Spiedel FV

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davy6Mac

Reaction score
Hi All,
Trying to find out if anybody has bottled direct from a Spiedel FV using a bottling wand etc. What items of kit did you use etc.
Don't really want to go down the route of using a bottling bucket/siphon etc

The tap is just the wrong size to take a bottling wand - I heat up some tubing in a bowl of boiling am water and slide onto the tap with bottling wand on the other end.

Thanks for the info, just as a matter of interest what size tubing did you use, roughly

Thanks for the info, just as a matter of interest what size tubing did you use, roughly
I can’t remember, sorry. I got it off eBay ages abo to use with me Fermentasausus and found it was about the right size (I maybe could do with slightly bigger) for the Spiedel.

what i did was buy an ss brewtech rotating racking arm/tap and drilled a hole in the cap. It made bottling and closed transfers so much easier as the ss tap fits standard siphon tubing which i think is 3/8?.

Just bottled tonight from my new 30 litre spiedel fermentor. What a complete balls the tap is *****. It causing the beer to foam when going into the bottle direct from the tap. What did you end up doing. I need to get this sorted to reduce the chance of oxidation for my next brew

Yes Samale, the tap isn't the best. Have only done one brew using the 30l spiedel fermentor, I used a piece of tube but put it into the easy kegs, but put the sanitised tube right to the bottom of each keg, whilst the keg was sat on a set of digital scales to get the correct volume for carbonation etc.
Will be bottling my next brew ready for summer etc

I need to order some tubing to fit the tap and my little bottle stick. I can't afford My next beer to be coming out like a man pissing with 10 pints in him

As i mentioned before, i drilled the blanking cap and fitted an ss brewtech rotating racking arm. Granted they aren’t cheap! But work perfectly.

Where did you order that from
The malt miller. I think they were £15? Not cheap, but definitely worth it! great for enclosed transfers too into corny kegs

Attachments

• 8F5AF579-A36D-4245-9AFE-C65D43605FBC.jpeg
    8F5AF579-A36D-4245-9AFE-C65D43605FBC.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back