Bottling Guns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeB.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have any of you any experience using bottling guns (big plus if it’s a kegland unit)

Are they effective? How long does beer stay carbonated within the bottle after transferring from a keg?

Hi Mike,

I do have one, but haven't got round to using it yet due to a house move. I got the cheap one which I think comes from kegland. As to carbonation, I don't imagine carbonation would decrese over time once bottled, provided the cap is securely in place.
I am hoping to give it a go this weekend so if you've heard nothing more by then I can try to remember to write on here how it goes.
My understanding is that it is important to chill the bottles first before filling and to reduce the pressure on the keg.
There's a video here that I found useful:

I have the Blichmann v2. Not been that impressed TBH. Maybe user incompetence but I always seem to get beer everywhere, get loads of foaming even at low temperatures for all but the least carbonate dof ales.

Just taken delivery of the Boel iTap so looking forward to nipping off home early and trying that later. Will report back.

Use a Blichmann V2, works fine for me when I bottle carbonated beers, with enough foaming to purge the headspace. I often only bottle carbonated beers with it when they are heavily hop forward american style beers. Otherwise I batch prime in keg and fill bottles with it, for British, Belgian and mixed fermentation beers where stylistically the re-fermention of bottle conditioning is better.

As for the original question of how long carbonation lasts. It last the same as when one pours a glass of beer from bottle or keg. It lasts a good length of time if the beer is chilled. Fill the bottle and cap straight away. Job done.

Last edited:
I have the kegland filler. I've only used it twice.

First outing was terrible where I lost 1 pint for the 2 that I bottled. Thankfully I only bottled 2 pints (because of the loss). I chilled everything but I think I had the pressure too high.

Second outing was far more successful with a lower pressure but it did take a while to fill each bottle. I think I'll gradually up the pressure to see where the sweet spot is.

I won't give up just yet but if the sweet spot is still too slow then I think I'll look at the iTap that seems to be quite popular.

Is it this Kegland filler?:

I quite liked the look of it but I'm waiting for it to appear on their AliExpress store, it wasn't the last time I looked.

The other one they do looks a bit unwieldy: Bottle Filler Beer Gun

I have this one
https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/b...ller-beer-gun-kit?_pos=4&_sid=840b168a2&_ss=r
1637935734310.png

I have the kegland beer gun. The beer trigger sticks sometimes causing bottles to overfill so there are losses. The silicone tip fell off last time causing me to lose a bit of beer. If you are careful with it then it's ok.

Keg King Bottle filler.
View attachment 58307
Any good? I can't make my mind up between the boel itap or the new kegland nukatap counter Pressure Bottle filler(almost identical to the tap cooler from TMM but half the price) From what I've seen on YouTube the boel has zero oxygen as the beer runs down the inside of the bottle from top to bottom and the kegland one has a telescopic wand but as you withdraw the wand the level of beer in the bottle will go down creating head space which I would have would be drawing in oxygen. Any thoughts or reviews of either

Back