Bottling Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceepee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know of any syphoning device which will make the botteling process much easier.... Instead of me spilling half of it. on the floor :-)

Little Bottler, i believe you can also use it on the end of your syphon pipe.-

To ease the bottling problems, fit on to a bin or fermenter, and has a auto stop function when the bottle is removed the flow stops flowing.
The down tube is removable when not in use as it also has its own tap
Fits 5/16" tubing

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Little_Bottler.html#.VFfA25_3urE

LittleBottler.gif

A bucket clip also helps.

1_half_inch_racking_cane_holder.jpg

Same as above. The bottling wand takes a lot of the mess out of bottling up as you control the flow of the beer going into the bottle as the nub touches the base of the bottle. I have mine linked up to my siphoning tube (with sediment trap) so as to minimise any gunk in the bottles other than the priming sugar.

+2 :) The little bottler above makes bottling very easy. I syphon (Young's auto syphon - another great device) from the FV to a bottling bucket (FV fitted with the little bottler tap). I batch prime into that before syphoning from the FV. The second FV goes up on the bench, music gets turned on, and time passes quite pleasantly.

One recent addition was a lamp to go behind the little bottler to see how the bottle was filling, as some I have are quite thick, dark glass, and it was a bit hit and miss when stopping at the right moment. No one likes to see wasted beer!

A tip I picked up from the internet.

If you stop filling the bottle when you can see the liquid at the top, this is usually OK.

The volume of the plastic gives you a gap below the cap.

Great advise - thank-you.

Have you got links to sites where I can purchase these items? As the internet is full of these items and not sure which one to purchase.

For information, I only have a FL bucket with a lid on it and not a bucket with a hole at the bottom to fit a tap on it.

Thanks again!

It's not that difficult to drill a 25mm hole in your FV, to fit a tap and it's a lot less hassle than syphoning. I use a 25mm holesaw at moderate speed then a quick whizz round with a knife to deburr.

It's not that difficult to drill a 25mm hole in your FV, to fit a tap and it's a lot less hassle than syphoning. I use a 25mm holesaw at moderate speed then a quick whizz round with a knife to deburr.

This is exactly what I did when I bought the little bottler. Just waiting for my second brew to finish so I can test it.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back